Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup all! new to the forums. had a 12 versys 650 that i sold and just recently purchased a 17 versys 300. still breaking it in. first impressions is that its more maneuverable/nimble and lighter feeling.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Welcome. I'm in the Bay Area as welll and just picked up my Versys 300 on Wednesday. I also just made a post about the CalSci windshield I installed last night so you may want to think about this screen if you decide to go with a larger aftermarket screen. But welcome and hope you like your bike. I know I really enjoy it and I'm impressed with how smooth it is and also the power it seems to have for a 300cc.

Did you buy yours at the Fremont Kawasaki/Honda dealer? I did.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome. I'm in the Bay Area as welll and just picked up my Versys 300 on Wednesday. I also just made a post about the CalSci windshield I installed last night so you may want to think about this screen if you decide to go with a larger aftermarket screen. But welcome and hope you like your bike. I know I really enjoy it and I'm impressed with how smooth it is and also the power it seems to have for a 300cc.

Did you buy yours at the Fremont Kawasaki/Honda dealer? I did.
cool, i'll check it out. breaking it in is a pain not reving it over 4k. i can only go like 35-40 mph. picked mine put up north from north bay motorsports.

:welcome: aboard!
:thanx:

·
Premium Member
9,114 Posts
Welcome From Canada

:welcome:to the forum*****as to break in RPM , I was told 2 things by the head mechanic at my dealer, 1 was that I could have run full synthetic oil right at the very start, as the motor is largely broken in, the second was to not baby it , but not to run at a sustained 6,000 RPM, it was explained that short 3 to 5 minute bursts helps to seat the rings, also to use engine braking for the same reason. The mechanic explained that the way everything is machined , closer tolerances and the fact the motor is 95% broken in when you get it, there is a very short period of time while things remain rough , once it becomes smooth, it doesn't matter how high of a RPM you run the bike, and that is where the problem lies, those small areas at high RPM never got touched and never worn in, unfortunately most bike buyers from dealers get to talk to the salesman, when they should have talked to the mechanic. I can say I know what I am talking about as the dealer for my 2015, is all family run, and is a huge dealer, the father told me the same as what you were told, I questioned that, and talked to the head mechanic which happened to be the oldest son, he told me just what I said earlier.
:smile2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts