Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
International Motorcycle Show - Mpls, MN

I know there are a few WI and MN guys here on the forum, any of you going to be at the Minneapolis Motorcycle Show on the 11-13.

I'm planning on going on Saturday.

Mitch

·
Registered
180 Posts
If the weather permits, i should be at the DC Convention Center by 10 AM with my V on 1-05-13. See you there!

:cheers: gerald

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm considering going to DC next weekend. For those who have been to this show, is it worth going? It'll be a 150 mile drive to the closest metro stop for me and I'll take the train from there.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm considering going to DC next weekend. For those who have been to this show, is it worth going? It'll be a 150 mile drive to the closest metro stop for me and I'll take the train from there.
I've been several times in Atlanta, it is a good show but I wouldn't drive 150 miles to it though.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I may be down for the MN show... Coming all the way from Thunder Bay ON. I would have to make it to the Friday afternoon showing though, as I work Saturday afternoon. I wanted to go to the Toronto show but they foolishly host it in December.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've been several times in Atlanta, it is a good show but I wouldn't drive 150 miles to it though.
Any excuse to ride is a good excuse. Driving.. not so much.. but I enjoyed it last year. There were all kinds of motorcycles on display - Versys (ofcourse), concours 14, KLR, and a few cruisers at Kawi, the super tenere, FJR and a few others at yamaha booth, and a few BMW's. Honda also had a bunch of motorcycles on display including the Goldwing. There were lots of people sitting on the 'wing and trying it out, and a guy with a spray bottle and a towel trying to wipe it down every chance he got. I think there was a big HD booth, but I don't tend to go that way - they usually have some nice booth babes, maybe I will check 'em out this year. There were quite a few motorcycles. The place was packed with vendors and they were selling all kinds of things. Bought a couple of heated gear items. Got a good discount - better than any I could find online.

I guess there is no such thing as a bad motorcycle show for me.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'll be headed to the Minneapolis show, probably gonna catch two days but not sure which. I have to prioritize watching football if Green Bay is still in the playoffs!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mpls show

I'll be there on Saturday, late morning or close to noon. I'll be with my brother, two nieces and two nephews!

I'll be the one wearing a black leather jacket ;-)

Paul Streeter

·
Registered
901 Posts
I been thinking of making the trip to NYC for this....I can stay and my parents in Southern CT and take the train in but I can't get any of my buddies to go. Slackers

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey Mitch & Paul, I'll be around Saturday too. Should set up an early afternoon meet-up spot, say the Kawi booth around 1:00? I'll be wearing a black and green kawasaki hoodie and fox racing hat.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Mitch & Paul, I'll be around Saturday too. Should set up an early afternoon meet-up spot, say the Kawi booth around 1:00? I'll be wearing a black and green kawasaki hoodie and fox racing hat.
I think that sounds like a good plan.

Let's keep in touch via this threat as the week goes by and everyone knows more of their plan.

Mitch

·
Registered
103 Posts
I went downtown at about 3:30 pm and left at about 7 pm. It was a good show.. checked out the two Versys that were there, the Concours 14 at the Kawasaki display. I also checked out Honda NC700X, the various Beemers, and the Triumph Trophy SE. It is a huge bike, but very comfortable and has all kinds of bells and whistles.

It was a good show.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm still planning on being there on Saturday.

I'll be by the Versys at 1:00 if anyone wants to meet up. I'm not to hard to miss, 6'-4" and bald. Probably be wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and have my red sunglasses on my head.

Mitch

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm still planning on being there on Saturday.

I'll be by the Versys at 1:00 if anyone wants to meet up. I'm not to hard to miss, 6'-4" and bald. Probably be wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and have my red sunglasses on my head.

Mitch
Hey I know you!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts