Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Oh no! I feel like I've been outed. First I have to be humbled by JD Rocks fabulous travelogue. And now this.

I'm never going to Starbucks on the V again.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Good for a giggle. Really why I can't seriously imagine owning a GS. This is where/why the Versys really shines, as the real world bike. But then again, it becomes the Rodney Dangerfield of this world as well...LOL

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This article did make me grin for the following reasons:

I often take my Versys on forest service roads (which sometimes resemble rabbit paths). If you were to look at it now, you'd see it covered in mud from last weekends adventure.

This is not to say that I think I'm somehow superior to anyone who has a similar, or a more true due-sport bike who never ventures to such places. People are free to do what they will, and I (at the end of the day) don't care all that much.

I can, however, allow myself to feel a slightly redeemed (and maybe even proud?) when I pass my local coffee shop and see one (and often more) nice clean GS's (with metal panniers) parked outside. And also when I attend my towns monthly Bike Night and watch as those same bikes garner a lot of attention, while my humble Versys receives barely a glance.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
That WAS a fine article. If it has an ADV sticker on it, that's a clue - sort of like the 140.6 (Ironman distance in Kilometers) stickers I see at triathlons.

·
Registered
875 Posts
A good source for previously owned low mile, unblemished, high end "Adventure" bikes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts