Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever have an issue with a little "cough" from the intake when opening the throttle?
I get one occasionally when opening the throttle from the closed position. The bike doesn't stall, doesn't seem to stumble, but it is annoying.
When it's cold after start up if you open the throttle a tiny bit, say 2000 rpm, it gives two or three of these coughs before it smooths out.
Are these bikes set very lean from the factory? At 6000 miles, could it need plugs? Is it time for a trip to the Dealer? (don't normally like to do that, but the bike has five more years of extended factory warranty).
Should I dig into the air cleaner and look around first? BTW, do you have to pull the tank to get to the intake box? looks like no small job just to get to it.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Sounds like it's time for its break in service.
Most often I've seen this from the carbs or throttle bodies being out of sync. Also could be the idle is a bit low until the engine is up to full temp.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
mine (08 with 38k miles) does it time to time too , specially when cold and i blip the throttle , i was just under the assumption it was due to my valves needing to be done and my intake un synced

·
Super Moderator
19,617 Posts
On my '15 650, AFTER I 'did' the valves, I got a sound that was unusual from the intake, and discovered that the rubber vacuum-line that attaches to the right side of the airbox NEAR and ABOVE the throttle cables (end of the screwdriver blade in this pic) wasn't FULLY UP against the airbox. Might be an idea to take a look....

I went back home and fixed it. NO sounds now.

:thumb: - :thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts