Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone had experienced anything as ridiculous as this?

I had a bit of a run in with the rear end of a wagon a few weeks back - totally took out my headlight fairing and mangled the clocks, everything else was fine. The insurance company are saying that they intend to write the bike off!!

Any ideas ?

Cheers

·
Registered
238 Posts
usually, unless the cost of fixing the bike would be more than what the bike is worth, wouldn't they pay to have it fixed? I wrecked my 08, did about 2500 worth of damage, they paid to have it fixed. It was 2 yrs old with about 8000 miles on it. If they are willing to pay for what it would cost to replace it, I would say go for it!

·
Registered
333 Posts
I'd say it depends on the frame. Most parts can be replaced pretty easily, but if your frame is bent (can be hard to tell/find) then the bike may not be safe to ride.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I spoke the insurance again today, they have told me that the assessors report has declared the bike written off. Although I have not seen the report they have suggested possible frame damage. No idea how they came to that conclusion as I didn’t even come off the bike.

Anyway, I have offered to have it back as it is and adjust my claim accordingly. Although I will not be able to register it for road use again I will part it out and keep some parts as spares.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Most insuance companies are not going to take a chance that the frame wasn't damaged and send you back out on the bike. If it was damaged and fails they will be paying out a bucket load to your next of kin. Not worth it to them. And on most bike it cost more to replace the frame than the whole bike due to the labor coast.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts