Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time for renewal and my AARP Insurance (Foremost) bill is $256 for full coverage. Which company do you use?

·
Registered
739 Posts
I use Allstate, $170 for full coverage here 20 miles West of Philadelphia.
Allstate has treated me well before, no fighting with damage adjusters who are either clueless or try to shaft you.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I only carry liability as req'd in Texas and have found Dairyland to be the best for the three bikes I carry it on (about $100~+ or -). The other two are a Yammy 1300T and an old CM 450A.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm 30, married, clean record but live in metro California. I pay 540/year for full coverage with State Farm. That's about 45/month.

Edit: Oops. Believe it or not, I forgot yesterday was my birthday. So make that 31! :)

·
Registered
624 Posts
Happy Birthday!

·
Registered
499 Posts
... I pay 540/year for full coverage with State Farm.
I've been with State Farm for auto since I started driving and home since I bought my first home. I called up my agent, whom I've been with for over 15 years, to get a quote for our 3 motorcycles. They wanted me to go through a bunch of hoops, fill out forms, etc, just for a quote. So I went elsewhere. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've got the same questions... how do you guys keep from getting screwed? My insurer (house, life, auto) only offers liability on motorcycles. They're charging me $86 every 6 mos, which is pretty reasonable.

I've started looking around for full coverage options, and Progressive is asking for $560 every 6 mos to cover me.

I'm 30, married, and by tomorrow I'll have completed the MSF class. I have a clean record for the last several years. I'm in NC if that makes a difference.

Right now, I'm tempted to go with liability only- I bought the bike cash, and I have a car if something happens. But I really wouldn't be happy shelling out for another one if I do something stupid.

What do you folks think?

·
Registered
842 Posts
I would keep looking

I bought my V a month after finishing the Canadian equivalent of a MSF.

My liability insurance is though the roof ($100 / month) because I am an Aussie who couldn't get his 35+ years of driving recognised in BC.

My full coverage is only $30 / month, compared to nearly $200 / month for the gov't insurer (ICBC).

You may have to kiss a lot of frogs, but one will turn into a princess.

:goodluck:

·
Registered
489 Posts
I've started looking around for full coverage options, and Progressive is asking for $560 every 6 mos to cover me.
:eek: $1120 per year! You can replace the bike for around $4,000, Put your money in a savings account instead and just buy liability only.

My full cov. is $399 a yr Progressive.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have state farm in central florida. I carry 100,000 coverage and have stacked uninsured motorist. My bill is $24 and some change a month. I shopped around and nobody could beat it. I dont have medical coverage on the bike

·
Registered
259 Posts
Been with Farm Bureau for several years. Nobody else could beat the premiums. I've got full coverage for around $270 a year. BUT, they are very picky about the bikes they insure. No "crotchrockets", they say. The V wasn't on their "reject" list. And you don't have to be a farmer to get the insurance!

·
Registered
29 Posts
State Farm - Age 52, Kansas, $186.96/yr Full coverage, $500 deductible, No medical.
MSF, Home & Multi-vehicle Discounts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts