Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Almost 3500 miles on my V300 and I’ve done a bit of customizing and I am really loving the bike. My next two things are new territory for me because I haven’t touched electrical on bikes. I just bought heated gloves so I can ride through winter and they are going to be wired to the battery. I also have a 6” light bar from diode dynamics on the way and I’m wondering if running both of those together would be too much of a draw on the system. Electrical knowledge is not my strong suit, but I have added a good bit of aftermarket lighting to my Fiesta ST as well as a few other vehicles I’ve owned as they were very simple installs. The physical install part for both of these items is easy, it’s just the amount of power needed to use them both at the same time I’m unsure of. The light bar says 26.6 watts and 1.9 amps at 14V for current, the gloves are 22 watts and 2 amps. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can easily run one or the other once installed and not use them at the same time, but if riding at night and I need the gloves it would be nice to be able to use both. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are worried about how much more juice you can draw start by cutting down on your constant power draw. If you go all LED lighting you will cut the lighting draw in half.
I’m starting with the headlight as far as factory lighting when I install the light bar. Need to get the rest of the bulb sizes from the manual and slowly start ordering them. Good to know thank you.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I don't know what the max power output of the 300 is OR what the baseline/normal draw of the bike is... but those numbers are bound to be here somewhere. Armed with that info, you can calculate where you stand and where you will be after adding extra electrical bits.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know what the max power output of the 300 is OR what the baseline/normal draw of the bike is... but those numbers are bound to be here somewhere. Armed with that info, you can calculate where you stand and where you will be after adding extra electrical bits.
So far I’ve found that the oem accessory harness is good for 5 amps/60 watts so with what I’m adding I should be well under that. Need to read in the manual though to confirm everything.

·
Registered
61 Posts
My advise is to add a digital voltmeter to the dash. You can then monitor your voltage while riding, and adjust your accessories on/off, as needed to maintain charging voltage.

Just because the harness can handle 5 amps, doesn’t mean that the stator can supply 5 amps, continuous.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts