Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ive ordered the relay for accessories connections and a usb socket. See images.
ive watched some videos on how.
just 2 questions.
1. does the usb have to have a fuse on its wiring, or will it connect to a fuse/fuse box allready on bike?
2. in manual for bike it says Usb should be max load 10W(see image). Usb in image is 2 18W QC3.0-ports and one 30W PD3.0 USB-C and have a 10A fuse in wiring that comes with usb. But can i go over 10W if has no more accessories connected? Just keep all accessories under 100W and its good?
Automotive tire Camera accessory Automotive wheel system Cameras & optics Audio equipment

Font Parallel Number Rectangle Pattern

Gesture Gadget Communication Device Automotive tire Font

Premium Member
Ive ordered the relay for accessories connections and a usb socket. See images.
ive watched some videos on how.
just 2 questions.
1. does the usb have to have a fuse on its wiring, or will it connect to a fuse/fuse box allready on bike?
2. in manual for bike it says Usb should be max load 10W(see image). Usb in image is 2 18W QC3.0-ports and one 30W PD3.0 USB-C and have a 10A fuse in wiring that comes with usb. But can i go over 10W if has no more accessories connected? Just keep all accessories under 100W and its good?
View attachment 189022
View attachment 189023
View attachment 189021
just where did you get the table from? It makes no sense unless it was for a car or truck.

Premium Member
Not sure if you understand anything electrical. My SafeGo led headlights, low beam is 36 watt and high beam is 36 watt, that is 72 watt total. What exactly are you expecting to run, requiring 100 watts?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure if you understand anything electrical. My SafeGo led headlights, low beam is 36 watt and high beam is 36 watt, that is 72 watt total. What exactly are you expecting to run, requiring 100 watts?
No im no elevtrical wizard, thats why i ask.
The usb, which is 2* 18W and one 30W. But it says 0-10W for usb in image in my first post.
All my questions is in that post also.
Your answer is there is no problem connecting this usb?

Premium Member
First, understand USB is 5 volts. I have 3 amp outlets in my home. On the bike they are 2 amp each. Plus a adapter for my GPS. TO put it into plain terms. The 2 amp at maximum output is 10 watts. Even my android phone doesn't run at 2 amp, which is preferable . High current = heat, HEAT and lithium batteries are no friends.
I have a gopro charger / usb adapter that goes to my tank bag. Another cigaret lighter plug with a optional usb outlet. I think I have used all 3 only once in 7 years. My bike is 100% LED. All except for one outlet are switched power. So to summarize, anything over 20 watts total of USB power being used , something is wrong.

Reactions: w2*

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
First, understand USB is 5 volts. I have 3 amp outlets in my home. On the bike they are 2 amp each. Plus a adapter for my GPS. TO put it into plain terms. The 2 amp at maximum output is 10 watts. Even my android phone doesn't run at 2 amp, which is preferable . High current = heat, HEAT and lithium batteries are no friends.
I have a gopro charger / usb adapter that goes to my tank bag. Another cigaret lighter plug with a optional usb outlet. I think I have used all 3 only once in 7 years. My bike is 100% LED. All except for one outlet are switched power. So to summarize, anything over 20 watts total of USB power being used , something is wrong.
Its this one. I guess i understand the 18W text wrong?

Premium Member
Its this one. I guess i understand the 18W text wrong?
I would love to see actual current output as stated. 3 amp at 5 volts is 15w times 2 is 30 watt. First I very much doubt that device is capable of anything greater than 20 watt.
So to explain further, actual current / wattage going into the device at maximum power out , provided it was on my bike which has a series regulator, output voltage is 14.2 VDC. So total current going in is watts at 30 divided by 14.2 VDC = 2.11 AMP DC . Closest fuse is 5 amp.

Reactions: JT in GA and Kecke
1 - 8 of 8 Posts