Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Reading this, it's a misunderstanding due to cultural backgrounds.

Here in the east, when someone politely ask a question, one would hope for a answer in kind minus the wise remarks. ...
STlee,

Fair enough. I concede to your wisdom and hereby withdraw my above snarky response ;)

Veelosopher,

I’m not Invader’s spokesman but I’ve seen enough of his writings (and as others have said, he’s one of the most helpful guys here) so that I’m pretty sure I know what he meant...

His statement, “If a size 34 inseam pair of jeans fit, then you have a 34" inseam.”, is literally quite correct and as good a method as you need IF your desire was to buy another pair of jeans...

But his statement, “If the Versys feels too tall when you sit on it, get the lowering kit or shorter rear shock...”, is even more correct and meant to address your real concern – to know if the bike fits... and what to do if it doesn’t...

And when he said, “or have a leg extension surgery performed.”, it was a JOKE – witty sarcasm – that was meant to make you laugh, not to be insulting.

Or maybe I’m wrong... and I should just shut up :D

·
Super Moderator
21,379 Posts
If you measure inseam accurately by using your jeans, maybe you're the one who need surgery --- on your brain.

If you can't answer in a civil and helpful manner to a valid question, why waste your energy typing out one?:thumbdown:

(I'm sure you're gonna come back spewing foam out of your mouth...that would just prove me right)
I have to say that Invader was right, and I wonder whether you might be ... spewing foam out of your mouth ....

The IMPORTANT thing is determining what works for you. HOW you do it is less important. Invader was being practical. :eek:penarms:

·
Premium Member
16,309 Posts

·
Registered
4,713 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,309 Posts
Haha, that makes no sense at all. The video said to wear your best fitting jeans, THEN measure from the notebook to the floor. Why would it matter which jeans you wear?? :huh:

Better yet, why not wear your best fitting jeans and then look at the tag! No tape measure or helper needed. :cheers:

Well i'm guessing if the jeans are too tight you can't get a good measurement. Hell you could do it in your briefs if you wanted to.:D

·
Premium Member
16,309 Posts
This guy didn't see the video...:teetertooter:

·
Registered
672 Posts
all pointless if you're trying to decide on buying a versys. the bike squats when you sit on it... the seat is wider than a dvd box so your legs do not go straight down from the saddle to the floor... in other words inseam >/=/< seat height doesn't answer the question.

you have to go to the store and sit on the bike. or just say phuket and deal with the consequences.

·
Registered
672 Posts
all pointless if you're trying to decide on buying a versys. the bike squats when you sit on it... the seat is wider than a dvd box so your legs do not go straight down from the saddle to the floor... in other words inseam >/=/< seat height doesn't answer the question.

you have to go to the store and sit on the bike. or just say phuket and deal with the consequences.

Reactions: Dirt& Pavement

·
Registered
419 Posts
Haha, that makes no sense at all. The video said to wear your best fitting jeans, THEN measure from the notebook to the floor. Why would it matter which jeans you wear?? :huh:

Better yet, why not wear your best fitting jeans and then look at the tag! No tape measure or helper needed. :cheers:
Tag method won't necessarily work. Actual measurement vs. listed measurement can vary between, or even within, manufacturers by as much as a couple of inches (from one extreme to the other) depending on style and quality control.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Tag method won't necessarily work. Actual measurement vs. listed measurement can vary between, or even within, manufacturers by as much as a couple of inches (from one extreme to the other) depending on style and quality control.
Never had a problem with my jeans. Every single pair for the last 24 years has been tagged 30"L and have fit me well. :thumb: However the waist has changed a couple inches!:D

·
Registered
2 Posts

Probably the only useful response to the original question. Comparing the number of posts Kev has to some of the crybabies, it could be determined he actually rides a motorcycle on a regular basis instead of attempting to become a keyboard warrior on this site.

I'm waiting for someone (i.e. keyboard warrior, NOT actual rider enjoying their best life) to inform me I just returned a thread from the depths of the darkest darkness. It's nice to see this type of special breed pop up on forums every once in awhile. My point in this resurrection is to highlight Kev's domination of most helpful. Scratch that. I meant ONLY helpful comment. And I've been scouring the web to find something helpful. My search is over, unlike this thread 😁

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
...I'm waiting for someone (i.e. keyboard warrior, NOT actual rider enjoying their best life) to inform me I just returned a thread from the depths of the darkest darkness.
hey man, do you know that you just returned a thread from the depths of the darkest darkness?

i hope you find this comment helpful, i'm just trying to stay on your good side, ya know, earn some points.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey man, do you know that you just returned a thread from the depths of the darkest darkness?

i hope you find this comment helpful, i'm just trying to stay on your good side, ya know, earn some points.
LoL I'm just trying to learn as much as I can about the Versys. I'm not sure how I just recently heard about this awesome machine. There's one in my area with 5,000 miles on it for only $3,500 BUT I like the Honda NC700 as well especially with its helmet storage where the gas tank traditionally goes.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts