Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing a bit of research on the lowering kit and I keep reading about inseam measurements. I know different folks have different torso/legs length combination but I was just wondering --- what and how is the correct way to accurately measure your inseam?

The way I do it is stand with both feet together and backed up against the wall and my back straight...then I put a DVD box in between my legs as high as it will go comfortably and square it against the wall...I mark the top of the box and measure that point.

How do you guys do it? :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If a size 34 inseam pair of jeans fit, then you have a 34" inseam.
If the Versys feels too tall when you sit on it, get the lowering kit or shorter rear shock, or have a leg extension surgery performed.
If you measure inseam accurately by using your jeans, maybe you're the one who need surgery --- on your brain.

If you can't answer in a civil and helpful manner to a valid question, why waste your energy typing out one?:thumbdown:

(I'm sure you're gonna come back spewing foam out of your mouth...that would just prove me right)

·
Registered
83 Posts
If you measure inseam accurately by using your jeans, maybe you're the one who need surgery --- on your brain.

If you can't answer in a civil and helpful manner to a valid question, why waste your energy typing out one?:thumbdown:

(I'm sure you're gonna come back spewing foam out of your mouth...that would just prove me right)
Dude,
I think Invader was trying to help you with a simple solution; his solution, pants inseam, sounds reasonable to me.

Invader is well respected on this forum and has helped more than his fair share of answer seekers. I also think his answer was intended to help you save face. In other words, don’t over think this it’s not rocket science. :dgi::closed:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Re:

Agreed with duster_71 ;-)

·
Premium Member
16,308 Posts
Unless your one of those guys that wear your pants legs too long Invader's answer is correct. He was just adding in alittle humor. If you hang around long enough you will see he is the most helpful person here.

·
Registered
74 Posts
As a uniform rental business veteran, I've measured more than my share of inseams. I'd have the person try on the pant, then I'd roll up the cuff to the desired length, then after the person took off the pant I'd measure from the seam that runs btw the legs down to the bottom of the cuff. That was the inseam for that pant for that individual. I've found my inseam differs based on the style of pants I'm wearing-jeans 32", dress/casual 31", work/uniform 30". I lowered the rear of my V and raised the fork tubes as high as possible, and I can get both feet flat on the ground at a stop light-not that I need to do that, I'm comfortable with either just one foot down or both tip-toes on the ground. I lowered the bike because it leaned over so far on the side stand I almost gave myself a hernia getting the bike upright. It feels much less top heavy now. I also think it handles better and looks more like a street bike now.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Where can I get this leg extension surgery?
If you find somewhere that does legs extension, it's probably only working for the 2 longest ones...No luck for you ! lol

·
Premium Member
16,308 Posts
If you find somewhere that does legs extension, it's probably only working for the 2 longest ones...No luck for you ! lol
:funnypost::clap::clap:

·
Registered
644 Posts
Number one Google search answer: Take a pair of your best fitting pants and measure from crotch seam to cuff. Inseam is a measure of pants length, not distance from crotch to floor.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Well, you know wat they say abt birds of a feather....
You need brain surgery too, dude...wait...you don't have a brain...too bad.

I think you might want to be careful about faulting others on this forum for what their beliefs are. Personally, I measure my inseam from my pants size and it has worked out well, and don't really appreciate you siting me and others like me, as needing brain surgery.

His answer was an honest reply. He has a heck of a lot more time on this board than you do and I respect the man for his information.

Someone even listens to me on occasion.

Back up with the attitude and join a great group of folks here on this forum with constructive views. We all have our bad days, and maybe you were going through one.

Anyway, I hope you have a good day today.

·
Premium Member
16,308 Posts

Well, you know wat they say abt birds of a feather....
You need brain surgery too, dude...wait...you don't have a brain...too bad.

Dude You "Need To Get Laid".:goodidea:

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Reading this, it's a misunderstanding due to cultural backgrounds.

Here in the east, when someone politely ask a question, one would hope for a answer in kind minus the wise remarks. Chill out, Guys.
Bottom line is not to be little another's intelligence. Let bygones be bygones.

To help answer your question Veelosopher, checkout:

I see 14,446 other people also needed to see this.

Veel, dalam dunia ni berbagai...Selamat

1 - 20 of 38 Posts