Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an 09 with 1600 miles and spotless, the website says $5400. When I walked into the dealer and asked the price of the blue one, the salesman said $5100. From what I've seen, this seems to be a good deal. Thoughts?:feedback:

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Looks like an aftermarket windscreen and those side-cases are nice, and not cheap. $5100 seems pretty fair to me. My stock 2008 with 20k miles on it was eventually valued at $5500 by the insurance company after a recent wreck. I had to research comparable Versys' prices to justify that valuation and from what I saw $5100 for such a low-mileage 2009 with hard-cases seems pretty good.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been looking all over the net and haven't really found any better. I've found cheaper, but not with the factory bags and low mileage. Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
This is an 09 with 1600 miles and spotless, the website says $5400. When I walked into the dealer and asked the price of the blue one, the salesman said $5100. From what I've seen, this seems to be a good deal. Thoughts?:feedback:
Depends on how many fees they tack on. There should be no setup fees since it is used. Expect around $200 for processing fees. I have had good luck negotiating dealer fees by 50% line by line but you still owe your state taxes, title fees, @ 100%.

The price seems fair to me but you may squeak a little more out of them if you have cash with you. If you finance, you won't have as much bargaining room.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He told me that he'd give me book value for my sportster, which should pretty much cover the price of the Versys.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Then grab it man!! You won't regret the Versys....................She's a great bike :)
Plus this here is one of the best motorcycle forums in the world, dedicated to our beloved V's!
Keep in mind, you may need to change that seat, as it looks to be stock........which is brutal on the arse.....or at least a good portion of us seem to think anyways.....
Cheers
BiGo

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
He told me that he'd give me book value for my sportster, which should pretty much cover the price of the Versys.
If he'll give you (book value?) is that trade? Anyway go for it because I know guys having a hell of a time selling their Sportster! Not a popular bike at this time! My two cents! :goodluck:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the inputs, the bags are a plus for me, I'm getting this to start taking longer rides. It all going to come to the deal that they work. I bought the Harley new, added lots, and took good care of it I'm not gonna just give it away!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts