Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations on where to purchase replacement inner tubes?

Got a nail puncture on the rear tire on a camping trip this weekend. Didn't have tire irons or a patch kit (lesson learned!), but I was able to remove the wheel using the tool kit and get a ride to a tire shop to get the tube patched.

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
Good thing you had the centerstand-myself I will not ride a tube type wheel bike on the street-I have seen what can happen getting a flat at road speed-try to get natural rubber tubes instead of the common oem butyl type- natural rubber ones do not tear as easy may save your bacon someday-as for where to get tubes one of the on line stores I deal with is Powersport Superstore or good old Amazon

·
Super Moderator
19,403 Posts
OR you can convert the rims to tubeless. I did that on my KLR (took about two weeks TOTAL, what w/ letting the silicone set-up and cure EACH time).

IF anyone is interested, I can post pics and instructions. MOST of the time is taken up in removing/ re-installing tires as you check for leaks at each spoke, as well as silicone set-up and cure.

·
Registered
74 Posts
When we had our store we always recommended IRC brand, they good and not to $$$.
Bridgestone makes some great HD tubes but are $$$ and they add weight.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ended up buying IRC heavy duty tubes from Revzilla for around $20. Turns out the stock tubes are IRC as well. The heavy duty tubes are quite a bit thicker than stock.

Did the replacement myself, quite a PITA to get the tire back on the rim!

Here's a photo of the stock rear tube:

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts