Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
If you do a detailed thread search I think you'll find they are for factory heated grips &or factory power socket. Don't trust my memory...lots of useless crap rattling round between my ears.

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
See this thread (Aux spare socket)

Y'all must have missed this recent excellent thread by our member "Time" on this very subject:
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20404

I can attest that it worked like a charm. Bought the bracket and relay as a set off eBay for $39, and a Bikemaster outlet off Amazon for $12 (SoCal Powersports was the seller I recall). It was all of a 20 minute job, plug-and-play. No dremeling required either - it all fit together fine.

The aux power is on a 5-amp fuse (the very exposed one under the seat towards the rear) so it would be OK for a GPS or phone charger, but not so good for heated gear, etc. That fuse was the subject of this thread that had a few of us stumped as to what it was for a few years ago: http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8314&highlight=fuse

·
Banned
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
SO................l'll ask again, can I use the spare sockets under the dash/fairing or should I take a wire to the spare fuse under the seat.

PLEASE don't refer me to anymore links coz I get confused reading them, if you know the answer to my query give me a straight yes or no, & which take off should I use, if you don't know, have a nice day & make yerself a cuppa tea or go walk/pat/kick the dog!!!!;)

:goodidea:

:thanx:

:feedback:

:devil:

:stickpoke:

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
There's a socket for an accessory relay, which then makes the output wires hot when the ignition is on, and turns it off when the bike is off. If you don't use a relay, then it would be hot all the time at the + wire (the white/blue stripe one) at the access relay socket. The ground wires on the bike are black/yellow stripe, so there's one of those at the socket too. Sorry to refer you to a post, but it's pretty damn definitive with a diagram, etc: http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showpost.php?p=109812&postcount=17

You can monkey with it, or buy the correct factory accessory relay, plug it in, mount it to the factory bracket if you buy one or zip tie it somewhere if you don't, and either way you've got fused 5 amp electricity.

Obviously, if you don't use the correct factory accessory relay or rig your own, you risk running your battery down if whatever you've got connected to it is still on when your bike is not running.

You can of course bypass it completely and rig something to another switched circuit, but that's for another thread.

Someone can correct me if I've misstated anything.:goodluck:

·
Banned
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:thanx:Thank you sir, & you get the "I can answer a straight question with a straight answer" prize, which this week is a big kiss X But seeing as how it's probably not what you'd like, l'll give it to the missus!!!:thanx:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts