Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Info on the Versys Windscreen needed!

Hoping for some info?...I am looking into buying the versys and I previously had a vstrom and it was the worst bike I ever owned.Now that was mostly due to the brutal wind turbulence and buffeting that thing made with the poor fairing/shield. Nothing I tried or bought really worked to help it except just removing the shield, which worked the best, but even uglier.Totally ruined the riding as I had other bikes that didnt do this, and to put up with it , no way! gone..
Looking into the v as a 2 -up inexpensive, cheap to run roadtripper and like what i see so far!

What i would like to know is how does this one work stock?
AS in..do you get clean air flow with the stock shield? Just to clarify what i mean...clean air is not the same as buffeting and turbulence..clean air is what i get on my sportbikes. same as a naked with no shield..just smooth wind..I like the wind, neck up is ok,just clean and smooth. I like to be able to keep my glass's on and visor open when i ride speed limit. wind is fine.. I can on my other bikes. Cruisers and vstroms, no,:) so dont want anything that does that to me..
Of course the dealers all claim it is clean air, not like the stroms, (yes i had one..nightmare)but what else would they say?
I am not looking to get outa the wind, I dont want to have to put a acre of plastic on it, no thanks..I am just hoping it works good as is...

Reason Im asking is nearest dealer with a demo is 3 hrs away...Local guys have em in the crate, The rest of the bike I know what to expect..Kinda a smaller prettier vstrom thing..:)

So appreciate any info on the stock shield airflow is appreciated!

Thanks!!

Moose

·
Registered
16 Posts
versys......

This is my 7th bike and i have owned everything from klr to meanstreak. This bike is the most enjoyable that i have rode in stock form.I am 6ft and i ride with my sheild up at 55 no problem......

·
Registered
387 Posts
I'm new to motorcycling, so I probably don't know the difference, but I'm 6'0 and get a little too much wind buffeting over 45mph for my taste. I ordered the Givi after reading what everyone has to say on this forum, so we'll see how that works for me.

·
Registered
530 Posts
The Versys being my second bike - I have to say the airflow is pretty good for stock configuration. The adjustable windshield will help you set it to your taste - you'll probably like it in the lowest setting. I've moved it up to the second highest setting and I like it that way. I don't mind wind - I just don't like buffeting or howling.

My old bike (BMW F650Cs) was terrible in stock form. The buffeting was so loud to cause serious ear pain. I was considering a different windshield but others said it wasn't much better. Then some guy on the Chain Gang Forum came up with these windshield adjusters - much better and only cost $20.00. Sometimes the simpliest things are the best solution.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts