Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will have a versys, Ive never even ridden one, but what I have seen and read, it is the bike for me. My last bike was a 2002 DRZ400s With a bog bore and FCR carb...I want FI badly. the DR was fun...but not streetwise enough for me...not even close.

My name is Dave, and I am from Ohio, I work as a mechanic and am doing my best to not march down to my local Kawi dealer and sign on the financing line...I just cant do it, I refuse to have another payment for a vehicle, so I will save patiently and pay cash for mine...hopefully I can wait.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Welcome zigzagg321. Several of us come from dual sport backgrounds like you. If what you are looking for is a street machine with the maneuverability and versatility of a dual sport machine, then you are in good shape to be looking at a Versys.

Keep an eye on Craigslist for used ones. That's how I got mine. There aren't a lot of used ones out there, but there are a few.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I will have a versys, Ive never even ridden one, but what I have seen and read, it is the bike for me. My last bike was a 2002 DRZ400s With a bog bore and FCR carb...I want FI badly. the DR was fun...but not streetwise enough for me...not even close.

My name is Dave, and I am from Ohio, I work as a mechanic and am doing my best to not march down to my local Kawi dealer and sign on the financing line...I just cant do it, I refuse to have another payment for a vehicle, so I will save patiently and pay cash for mine...hopefully I can wait.
I admire your will power and I agree that paying cash is the only way to buy anything anymore, except for a house. I paid cash for mine. Those payments are a thing of the past for me. Of course I'm 63 and crocthety. Good luck and I know you'll love the V when you get one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, yeah I saw the one on craigslist...Id go grab it up, but I am $4000 short at this point :( oh well...in due time.

·
Registered
440 Posts
The wait makes it that much sweeter!

I didn't have the willpower so I put half down and did the Kawasaki promotional finance for the balance. We just bought a house so Payments are my middle name.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The wait makes it that much sweeter!

I didn't have the willpower so I put half down and did the Kawasaki promotional finance for the balance. We just bought a house so Payments are my middle name.

I've been thinking about doing that...lol..but Im $2k short on that option as well. I need to sell more of my DRZ parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts