Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came here looking for all the information I could get on this motorcycle I really never knew exsited. I walked into a dealership a week ago and saw a cool looking blue bike sitting next to a green one and a black one. I just assumed it was a "Ninja" of some kind. I have only had experience with my Concours and I never really like the sport bikes because of the riding position. As I was talking to the salesman I asked him about them and I thew a leg over. I was immedeatly curios. This felt very comfortable and now I must have one. I currently own a Sportster, Superglide and a Concours. I soon will not miss the Sporty....

·
Registered
623 Posts
hey good for you slug :) join the crowd :)

this group is really made up of those of us, like you, that discovered what a great bike the versys is, and didn't realize it.

I have 'ducati' stickers on mine. Many have things line 'moto guzzi', or something made up like 'kawaquicki' or 'ducasaki'...

you get the point, it's an unknown bike, but it really shouldn't be. Because it's an awesome ride :)

shoot... if people get to know what the bike really is I'll have to take the 'Ducati' stickers off... not looking forward to that!

enjoy :)

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Welcome slugbug, the Versys is a very differnt ride from what you are used to so a test ride will tell you a lot.

·
Premium Member
16,222 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I drove my Sportster to the bike shop in Dallas and told the man I wanted the red one by the window and I have a Harley to trade... It was a busy day in the shop today with only 2 people working the front so after an hour or so I was handed my keys to my 2008 Versys! I had never driven one but sat on many. I am happy to say that the experience of the drive home was everything I expected it to be. This is a fun bike to ride. I know its like a new toy at the moment but after riding the Sportster for 6 years it sure was nice. It only had 5500 miles and already had the Two Brothers exhaust as well as the "Speedy" lowering kit. Other than a 12v plug to charge my phone and run accesories it doesnt need anything else...

·
Registered
28 Posts
There are at least 2 versys in the Flower Mound Grapevine area. I bought mine a few months ago. Went back a couple weeks after that and one of the sales guys bought the other 2011 at Grapevine Kawasaki. 2011 Versys 775 miles and it is still fun to ride. Even more so since I can go above 4000 RPM. The wind we are having takes a lot of fun out of riding. I could use a taller windshield.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts