Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from picking up a 2008 Versys from a great guy in Duluth. It looks like it just came off the showroom floor. 2165 miles.

V-Strom 1000 gone...Versys in! Looking forward to hanging out here with you all, and enjoying this great bike.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
:welcome: The V has the highest fun factor I've ever ridin! :thumb:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Put 80 miles on it last night, and all I can say is WOW! I love it. Much smoother and quieter than my V-Strom 1000 ever was, and I thought that was smooth. I even feel like the bike fits me better.

The only complaint I have is that darn seat..ouch. But, I knew that going into this, and the stock seats on most bikes are pretty dismal anyhow.

Thanks for the welcome all......

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
:welcome: Rochester, MN - isn't that the home of the Mayo Clinic? Oh yes, and a new-to-you Versys. What more could you ask for? :D

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hey jfinnan, I also just sold a DL1000 in favor of a Versys. And my first bike (first two bikes actually) were Excess 650's. They may both be parallel twins but I have to say that the Versys represents a considerable upgrade :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Put 80 miles on it last night, and all I can say is WOW! I love it. Much smoother and quieter than my V-Strom 1000 ever was, and I thought that was smooth. I even feel like the bike fits me better.

The only complaint I have is that darn seat..ouch. But, I knew that going into this, and the stock seats on most bikes are pretty dismal anyhow.

Thanks for the welcome all......
Welcome! You have a great bike there, but I must agree with you on the stock seat. I've got a Corbin and couldn't be happier. Have fun!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PDSF....couldn't agree with you more. This bike is awesome, and I haven't even toured on it yet. I don't miss the DL1000 AT ALL.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts