Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm bummed..No Versys, no money, weather sucks next 10 days.. Last Thursday I drove about 40 miles to check out a 2009/Green Versys with 2,560 miles on it...Gave the seller a check, he gives me a receipt, registration, and title...Everything is great until I get to the DMV on Friday morning..she looks at everything and, even though the receipt had all the information, says both buyer and the seller have to fill out THEIR sales tax form... On a uncharacteristically warm day here in Northern NY I drove the 80 miles round trip to have him print, sign, and date the form. (This would have been the perfect day to ride it home.) Thank goodness the receptionist was able to sneak in during surgery (he's an oral surgeon) and he took care of it in about 3 minutes...DMV was a breeze this time. Now I have to figure out getting someone to give me a ride to pick up my poor deserted bike. Next 10 days is 30'sF at night and mid 50'sF during the day with showers forecast 6 out of the 10 days... I'd really like a decent day to ride an unfamiliar bike back home.... That's my rant for today.....Hopefully better news next time....
Gary

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you know someone with a trailer hitch on their car? UHaul rents their cycle trailer cheap. That's how I got mine home in the snow.
I just need to be patient. Which is hard when I want to try out this new, to me, bike...My friend said he'd give me a ride to pick it up, but he has class until about noon and I work 3:00pm-11:00pm this week..Like I said. I need to just be patient...Thanks for the suggestion...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts