Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back on the forum that is. I never got rid of the Versys but I bought an additional bike, an '09 Ducati Monster 1100. I then threw money at the Monster upgrading the rear Sachs shock to Ohlins, replaced lots of parts with carbon fiber, put on OZ Racing forged billet wheels, Termi exhaust & Ducati Performance tuner plus lots of other goodies to make the bike as light as possible. It was amazing, probably the best handling bike I've ever owned (and I've owned 17). But after 3 years with the Duc and at age 56 I started thinking "this bike is either going to land me in jail or the cematary". Sold the Duc and the Versys is back to being my "sportbike". I now realize what a great bike the Verysy is (never forgot really).

·
Registered
716 Posts
The jail/death conundrum figured in my choice of my second Versys instead of a more powerful bike too. I do love the sound of a Ducati though, and I still fantasize about a compromise, like the Aprilia Shiver or Dorsoduro.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
So at least let us see your Ducati... Sounds like it's named correctly... Monster. You've gotta have a picture or two laying around.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Like I wrote above, I haven't been on this forum in a while. I forgot I can insert pictures using the URL so here are a couple. Of course, you can still visit the link above for more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts