Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to Everybody,

sorry for not introducing myself just after registering. I was eager to get any info 'bout my new moto, that I have forgotten about the savoir vivre fundamentals :).

Come from Poland. Just switched from SV650 to V after four years riding it (was my first motorcycle). The moto is still at the dealer but will get the plates next week latest and then I can get it :). I will write more afterwards but I think it was a really good choice of mine :). I want to try a little bit sport enduro bike to feel the difference. And ofcourse I would appreciate longer travel of suspension. Tia ... Polish roads. At the same time I count for same much fun as SV gave me.

See ya in two weeks I think.

Greetz from Poland,

ANDREW. :)

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Glad to have you and if you ever get to Texas, I'll fill you up with BBQ and beer!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DEAL! :D:thumb:
Any time you're in Poland - you're invited to taste Polish schabowy with kapusta zasmażana :yeahsmile:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Road Trip!

Oh yeah, Welcome!

·
Registered
312 Posts
DEAL! :D:thumb:
Any time you're in Poland - you're invited to taste Polish schabowy with kapusta zasmażana :yeahsmile:
Welcome Andrew!

Good luck with your new bike.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, hello again. As promised - after my first ride I can tell it was a really good choice of mine :D Very handy motorcycle, everything is in place, almost perfect to me :D. I think the engine is strong enough for me. Maybe not SV like, but on the other hand more forseeable. Well the motorcycle is during brake-in so I cannot test the engin fully yet, we'll see later.

The suspension is OK. It has longer travel, however I need to make some adjustments from standard settings for Polish road conditions. I think the rebound damping is set too high.

The only "not nice" thing by now, I could name, is the the mirrors. Unfortunately they are vibrating much more then in SV. But I try to fix it somehow :)

I was afraid of having problems with reaching the ground with my feet. I put the lower seat gel, and it's OK. Even very OK :)

Well, what more to say now - my first ride was really great :)

Best regs,

ANDREW. :)

·
Registered
352 Posts
Andrew,
Welcome to the hood. I'm in Seattle and enjoy my Versys very much I'm sure you will as well. I still have my 2003 SV1000 silver naked. Just couldn't give it up. You certainly have made a fine choice . It really does everything very well. Have fun.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Andrew, welcome to the site! How about snapping a few pictures of Poland while you're out riding around?
With pleasure. But need to wait some, cause we experience snow and ice currently. I'll wait couple of days for a nice weather (cold is not a problem, only water turnin' into ice :) ) and then I post some nice pictures :)

I'll let U know :)

ANDREW :)

·
Registered
813 Posts
Welcome!
I ride here in AZ, with a guy from Poland quite often. He has a Vstrom 650.
Maybe I'll catch up with ya sometime over in Europe. I may be out there this summer!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts