Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,

Apparently, here in Western North Carolina (WNC) we get our gas from Texas. The local newspaper ran a front-page add that we could have gas shortages.

Guess what? As of 7PM, no gas in WNC!

Now my weekend riding plans have been torpedoed because it might be a week or more before we get more gas.

·
Registered
150 Posts
East Tennessee must get from the same place. Same thing here but they said on the radio that they were trying to get gas from surrounding states. ? If we don't have any gas why would any surrounding states have gas? I got gas this morning on the way to work. $3.69 a gallon for premium. No lines. On the way home gas $4.99 a gallon for regular at most places that had any. Help call the police we've been robbed.:mad: No better yet call your politicans. No thats right they don't care. :thumbdown: The station that I got it from in the morning still had it for $3.69 a gallon for premium on the way home. At least some people still have integerity.:thumb:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Same thing happened here in Opelika and Auburn, AL. As my wife and I were driving about, we noticed lines of cars lining up at the gas stations, and people were just flocking to the pumps. For the first time in a LONG time diesel was cheaper than any other grade of fuel available.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hacktracker,
Most of the people down here in Houston weathered the hurricane just fine thanks. Less than 15 people died so far. No loss of life for my family, and only minimal damage to our house. Thanks for your concern on the safety of those in the path of mother nature's fury. Sorry to rain on your riding plans for the weekend.....ass.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm sure the people in, say, Chicago or Atlanta or Indy are all equally as self-centered as we are up here in the mountains.

Skeez...I'm sure it's been a tough few days for you. Just because someone doesn't mention in a post their concern and all doesn't mean they don't give a **** about you. Don't be the ass. Ike hadn't even come ashore when he made the post, fer cryin out loud!

/neil

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
You know, you could always keep a 5 gallon container of gas, or two, on hand when with a little fuel stabilizer in it for emergencies such as this. With a stabilizer, fuel is good for about a year and you can rotate it. Bye the way, gas is high in Dallas also.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hacktracker,
Most of the people down here in Houston weathered the hurricane just fine thanks. Less than 15 people died so far. No loss of life for my family, and only minimal damage to our house. Thanks for your concern on the safety of those in the path of mother nature's fury. Sorry to rain on your riding plans for the weekend.....ass.
I'm glad you and your family are doing fine. Oh and thanks to some timely deliveries of precious gasoline, the Sunday ride is back on!

:thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts