Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1st the bike.....yes i would buy it again. Its my 15th bike since age 13 its put the fun back into riding.
2nd. the footpeg lowering kit....yes id buy it again i only wish the big ol nut and bolt supplied wasnt so ugly.
3rd the yoshi cabon fiber slip on yes id buy it again fit finish sound all good.
4th the BMC $70 airfilter. i dont think i would. you have to glue the supplied foam onto the filter before the 45min install ie. dont remove the fuel line or elec connections.
5th the Renthol 44tooth sprocket....yes its worth the 45 bucks and 25 min install. i wouldnt mind trying the 43 next time. im 52 years old so maybe thats an age thing. if i was in my 20s i may have left the 46 on there and road to walmart on the rear tire.
6th the fram oil filters i get at walmart..........yes used them my whole life.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I like it.Maybe in a year or two I will be ready for something different. I'm trying something new I wont be making any engine performance mods or exhaust mods going to leave it stock(I can get carried away with mods lol) . I did go with a gel seat and rear trunk, mirror extenders and the motowerk kick stand flatfoot mod. But I think that is it. Just going to ride it .

·
Registered
323 Posts
Mirror extenders - not safe without em
Madstad bracket - definitely
Mutiple screens before madstad - no

Going with the 44 shortly

·
Super Moderator
19,168 Posts
Or just carry a piece of aluminum or steel like the cover for an electrical box, with a piece of string attached so you can loop it over your clutch lever, and then you can pull the cover up without leaning over.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I would definitely buy it again.

I love this bike! Plenty came before and it's the most fun street bike so far for me. So far just day trips and commuting. Leaving on a 9 day trip on Friday and I'm expecting to return liking it even more. The Corbin (or other) aftermarket seat/mod are a must. The Yoshimura exhaust is music to MY ears. It's a good bike to personalize also IMHO.

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts
the remus exhaust can-i would do it again,just perfect ,not loud,good mpg(no pc)
the kappa shield-much better air flow,less buffeting,go for it
the xenon lights-yes definitely,i like the contrast with the pass signal ,it makes crystal clear whar my intentions are...
the pipercross air filter-wasted money,too thick to fit in the airbox,the oem is washable and maybe less restrictive....
16t front-the best mod,engine shows its torgue in wider rpm range,recommended for tourers
the dorsoduro handguards-very cheap mod with good results,it narrows my clearance left and right but i will modify the shield also one day.
the z6 metzeler -very good tires,good grip extreme longevity ,will buy them again...

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
The bike- I would gladly buy again
Speedy's flatfoot- Horrible parking lot at work, so it comes in handy every day. Would buy again.
Speedy's peg lowering kit-
Much more comfortable, just wish they looked better. Would buy again.
Speedy's GPS-
Much better location than when my Zumo was mounted to the bars. Nice and out of the way. Would buy again.
Powermadd Handguards-
They look cool:D Bought them after the cold had ended. But moving my hand around to find the airflow makes me think I will really like them when it is cold again. Can not give a deffinate answer till it is cold out.
Kaoko Throttle lock-
was difficult to learn how to use, but on a long trip, it is nice to give my hand a rest. Would buy again.
Braided Brake lines-
They do seem to have a bit better braking than the stockers, but not huge. But I bought them to get rid of the cross hose, not for improved performance. So I would not buy again if not for the benefit of removing the cross hose.

Stuff that came with the bike, but I will give a review.
Givi V46 topcase-
I love the case. Ugly but so functional. Just wish it was a bigger size. Would not buy this case, but a bigger one.
Givi V35 side cases-
Love the storage space. But for the cost of them, and the amount of use I get out of them I would not buy. Also the rack system I have(givi) I feel is inferior to the SWMotech system. I like the look of the SW look much better when not using the cases.
Garmin Zumo-
Is very nice, and functional for use on a bike. But at $500, it is a bit overpriced. Would not buy.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
  1. 1. The versys, would definetly buy again
  2. 2. speedys peg lowering blocks, yes
  3. 3. kawasaki top box, I think I would rather have gone with A larger Givi
  4. 4. Speedys flatfoot, yes
  5. 5. Speedys gps mount, yes
  6. 6. The lowered gel seat through kawasaki, no thats why I sold it and when I have the extra money plan on getting A baldwin
  7. 7. Mikes touring shield, probably, but I get some turbulance around the brow area at 35+ mph that rattles my helmets shield if I crack it open for extra air, no problem with the face shield fully closed. I like the looks of the MRA touring shield and would like to give that one A try
  8. 8. Hi-viz riding gear, totaly I plan on sticking with Hi-viz here on out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good stuff everybody.........Nice pictures aleeoop have fun on your trip. Thanks for the tip on Hi-viz riding gear glowcat. Thats something i need and will check into.

·
Registered
859 Posts
In order of appearance:

- Bike: Definitely yes.
- Kawasaki top box: Not this one. Previous owner put it but it can barely fit a helmet and very poorly made.
- SW Motech crash bars: Yes. It did it's thing once.
- Algard guard: No. To pricey, don't really need it.
- Xenon lights: No. To delicate and heavy on bike's electrics. Had to replace one a few days ago for 30euro.
- Zeta hand guards: No! Very pricy. Did save my clutch lever in a drop but no wind protection.
- MRA Vario wind screen: Probably. Or some other screen. OEM is terrible.
- Stebel Nutilus horn: Yes! It brings you a lot of attention when needed.
- SW mirror extenders: Maybe. They work well but expensive and have introduced vibes.
- ProTaper SE ATV Low handlebars: No. Very nice bars for the price but I don't like the super moto feel. Stock is much more sportier and comfortable.
- FendaExtenda: Yes. Works.
- Radiator Guard (home made): Not in the summer. Will take it down today.
- Alaska sheep bud pad: Yes. Cheep.

Cheers.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
id really like to hear from those who have PC fuel management. its something id like to try but dont seem to be able to pull the trigger...........

·
Registered
315 Posts
Rudyfish, I have the same cover. I love it. I also have the Wal-mart saddlebags. Work great for what I need and can't beat the price.

·
Registered
203 Posts
9 day trip on Versys

I love this bike! Plenty came before and it's the most fun street bike so far for me. So far just day trips and commuting. Leaving on a 9 day trip on Friday and I'm expecting to return liking it even more. The Corbin (or other) aftermarket seat/mod are a must. The Yoshimura exhaust is music to MY ears. It's a good bike to personalize also IMHO.
Let us know how the bike performed for your long trip.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Id buy this deluxe cover i picked up at walmart. Fits great and is made with really good materials. Size large for sportbikes. $40 Its called a classic motogear extreme.
I bought that cover about 2 years ago and it only cost $25 then. So far it's held up great. Just some sun fade other than that it was a great purchase.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ive had my AGV Blade helmet for over a month now and i like it. your going to take heat from your wife on the way it looks but its one of the most comfortable and practical helmets ive ever owned. some say the wind noise is a problem but i wear earplugs every time i ride so its not bad for me.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts