Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A suggestion can be to combat spam on member introductions section would be to limit new members in first 48 hrs to have no more than two threads going. Latest spammer Kikito has managed to do 143 posts in member introductions section that is 143 different threads!!!

What does the team and admin think?

Phil

·
Registered
221 Posts
As a new member here and not really knowing how things work around here....ahh yea that is broke big time.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
should be easy to restrict them to 1 or 2 posts or 1 thread before receiving a mod approval to continue posting.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Beyond ridiculous..With this level of spam re-occuring, and an obvious dont give a **** attitude from the powers that be, I see this site going downhill fast and Ive only been here for just a bit. Back over to ADVRIDER I suppose.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Beyond ridiculous..With this level of spam re-occuring, and an obvious dont give a **** attitude from the powers that be, I see this site going downhill fast and Ive only been here for just a bit. Back over to ADVRIDER I suppose.
no need to leave. I'm active on both. same handle over there too.

·
Registered
481 Posts
sad really sad, what do you think they hope to accomplish? is there a similar problem over at advrider?
It's a bot, man, not a real person. As for what they expect to accomplish just one person dumb enough to click through and make a purchase, and it happens A LOT because, well, there are too many gullible people out there.

·
Registered
756 Posts
no need to leave. I'm active on both. same handle over there too.
Oh I'm not going to leave, I mean this is THE place for info on THIS Bike thanks to a lot of knowledgeable regulars.

However it seems since the new member introduction area is inundated with that crap, eventually new folks are gonna take a look and walk away. I know I would have if it had been that way when I became a member a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
we just need a very active member to be an admin that will drop that ban hammer and start blocking IPs

·
Registered
481 Posts
Oh I'm not going to leave, I mean this is THE place for info on THIS Bike thanks to a lot of knowledgeable regulars.

However it seems since the new member introduction area is inundated with that crap, eventually new folks are gonna take a look and walk away. I know I would have if it had been that way when I became a member a few weeks ago.
I read a whole bunch of sub forums and never once looked at the new member intro before I signed up. What I am trying to say is this: the fact that the spam is kept to a single, unimportant, sub forum is a blessing. And while it is annoying to be sure, the existing mods to get to it and it's not anything terrible that I would worry this much over.

we just need a very active member to be an admin that will drop that ban hammer and start blocking IPs
Waiting ;)

·
Registered
243 Posts
It's a sql injection hack, I'd bet a dollar fifty. It's a matter of finding and patching the vulnerability.

Edit: blacklisting IP's won't do anything, they're shotgunning proxies to multipost or they're spoofing. Via the injection both are quite trivial.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts