Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with the Icon Raiden UX jacket and/or Pants? I am really liking the look, and they are boasting that it is waterproof. What I want to know is how waterproof is it? How long can I ride in the rain before water seeps in? Plus other thoughts, on how they perform.

Thanks everyone.

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
Can't help with the jacket, but I've been curious as to why they have hoods.

My experience with most "waterproof" items mean you just get wet with sweat instead of rain. Icon seems to make good stuff so if you think you'll like it you probably will. I'd go for it.

·
Super Moderator
19,140 Posts
Can't help with the jacket, but I've been curious as to why they have hoods....
I believe it's so you can put the hood over your head, UNDER your helmet, and that way the rain doesn't run down your neck....

·
Registered
200 Posts
My "adventure" jackets have a nice velcro strap that seals tight around my neck. I wear a balaclava if it's cold & wet. Never had a problem with water down my back. I have had problems with water soaking through the crotch of my pants but it is much less of a problem with my '15 Versys. Moderate rains don't even hit my torso or crotch if I keep moving.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I'm not convinced a hood is a good thing on a motorcycle jacket. I've never got water down my neck with with my Olympia jacket which does not have a hood. It will mainly annoy you by flapping in the breeze. There is lots of great and perhaps better adv. tour gear available in the price range. Olympia, Dainese, and Rev'it are three brands I would look at. If you can stand the color, Hi Vis colors will make you significantly more visible on the road.

I have an Olympia mesh jacket I use for summer and an Olympia Ranger/AST jacket I use the rest of the year. You'll need mesh to be cool in the summer but nothing beats an adv. tour jacket for comfort and versatility the rest of the season.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts