Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my birthday coming up this week, I purchased a Patrol Jacket and Gloves today. The jacket is by far the nicest winter jacket I've personally seen. Looking forward to testing it out in the mountains later this week where it should be nice and cool. Anyone else have any long term experience with the jacket?

Gloves seem to be fine for moderate temperatures. I don't think they will stay warm below 45 or 50. They fit nice and have pretty good feel to them.

FYI, my wife and I have an agreement when it comes to birthdays, I go buy myself my own present and she does the same. Every year I get exactly what I wanted.......and she does too!

·
Registered
59 Posts
FYI, my wife and I have an agreement when it comes to birthdays, I go buy myself my own present and she does the same. Every year I get exactly what I wanted.......and she does too!
You are my hero...i`m gonna propose this tonight(as soon as she gets home)..but just in case you got any extra room?;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
rlj,
I am enjoying my first fall with a pair of Icon Patrol Waterproof gloves and I've been impressed. Last week my ride to work was 15 minutes at 40 degrees and my hands held up very nicely. I was afraid I would lose feel compared to my summer gloves, but it has not been that bad; a difference, but not unsafe feeling.

Good luck, and I like the arrangement.

Mike

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I like the look of the Icon Patrol better than the Olympia AST which has a similar price point. The Olympia however seems to be more abrasion resistant (heavy Cordura vs lighter weight nylon) and has better summer venting. The lighter weight construction of the Icon makes it more flexible though and much lighter in weight.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
You are my hero...i`m gonna propose this tonight(as soon as she gets home)..but just in case you got any extra room?;)
Was she game for the idea or did she kick you out? My wife didn't know it but she bought me a pair of Icon Super Duty 4 Boots as well. They should be arriving any day now.....

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rlj,
I am enjoying my first fall with a pair of Icon Patrol Waterproof gloves and I've been impressed. Last week my ride to work was 15 minutes at 40 degrees and my hands held up very nicely. I was afraid I would lose feel compared to my summer gloves, but it has not been that bad; a difference, but not unsafe feeling.

Good luck, and I like the arrangement.

Mike
I was up in the mountains this weekend in 40-45 degree weather and the jacket and gloves did just fine. For my second ride of the day I actually took the liner out of the jacket and I was never chilled. Gloves did much better than I anticipated.....I was out well over an hour and half each ride.

I think the jacket with liner will be able to handle very low temps, a lot lower than I'll be riding.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like the look of the Icon Patrol better than the Olympia AST which has a similar price point. The Olympia however seems to be more abrasion resistant (heavy Cordura vs lighter weight nylon) and has better summer venting. The lighter weight construction of the Icon makes it more flexible though and much lighter in weight.
I'm not familiar with the Olympia however it's hard to imagine it's heavier than the Icon Patrol with the liner in. The Olympia must be real heavy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts