1 Kawasaki Versys
1 Cushman
1 Triumph
2 Parillas
1 Yamaha
1 Suzuki
1 Chinese pocket bike
42 Hondas
0 BMW, but I had a BMW 635csi car. It convinced me that I didn't ever want another BMw at my house. Parts prices were insane; $640 for a head gasket (not installed).

·
Registered
357 Posts
Bikes I've ridden or Owned:
Suzuki 550
Yamaha 500
Kawasaki 750
Triumph Bonneville
Honda 1300
Triumph Tiger
Honda Goldwing
Honda 1300
Triumph Daytona
Versys 650

Nope, no beemers in the list.

·
Registered
47 Posts
1 Versys
1 Honda

My dad:
5+ Beemers and I pollute his "Beemer garage" with my Kawasaki whenever I get the chance.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
All Hondas before the Versys, and I still have my ST1300.

I always wanted a BMW RT (or so I thought) when they were beyond my budget. When I could finally afford one, I rode an R1150 RT and was quite underwhelmed. I'll never figure the appeal of the boxer twin...to each his own. They get a lot right on that bike, but not the motor, not for me.

For the kind of riding I do, Japanese bikes work with the best combination of performance, reliability, ease of service, and overall cost of ownership.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Just about everything but a Bimmer,wouldn't mind a FS800 though
My mate had a phone call from BMW stating that all 08/09 fs 800 were going to be recalled due to a factory fault with the front axle sumthin or another.This is in South Africa don't know bout the rest of the world.
Viva Versys Viva

·
Registered
262 Posts
No Beemers yet.

My next bike might just be a boxer twin. I've got a short list of bikes I want in order:

Buell XB900R
Ducati GT1000 (Cafe version)
MotoGuzzi Breva 1100
BMW HP2

·
Registered
365 Posts
sold my r1150rt bmw to buy the V..i bought the rt new..good bike but, IMHO the V does everything better...i hated the rt engine surge...the battery placement was ridiculous..had my bat die on me and had to pull the seat and cram jumper cables up in the fairing to jump the turd after every stop on my trip home....side load bags were a pain....and as far as the ABS...worked great but if you ever had the bike stall on you while riding...it takes a gorilla grip to stop it, since the ABS is non functional....love my V

·
Registered
318 Posts
Sold my BMW F650 to get the Versys. I don't get why all these people rave and go nuts over BMW's, I personally thought my 650 was gutless and (I hate to say it) soulless. At least it was comfy for long trips. I've ridden others and still don't get it, they all feel like I'm riding a sewing machine.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've always owned Japanese bikes,
Yamaha RD250,
Yamaha XL500,
Suzuki 1100,
Suzuki 1000,
Kawasaki Ninja 250,
Kawasaki 500,
Kawasaki KLR 650,
Kawasaki Versys 650

My brother has three BMWs. It,s all about attitude, having some thing a little better than the next guy if you ask me.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Kaw 250 twin Samuri Scrambler w/ high pipes 1967 (a rocket ship with cut rotary valves)
Kaw 250 single Enduro 1972 (this was much like the KLR650 today, kinda dual-sport)
Kaw 1974 and '75 Z1-900 (sold the '74 and went to Alaska to work on the pipeline. Came home rich and bought another one minutes after walking into the dealer. What a great bike!)
BMW 650CS - I did not like this bike..way too much vibration. Felt like the engine was coming apart all the time.
Kaw 2008 Versys - Happy again.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts