Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
YUP, new guy here. had many motorcycles, but picking up an 11 that had zero miles on it till I test drove it. Good, I want to break it in my way and change the oil at about 50-100 miles depending on when I can get to it.

Trading in a KLX250SF with the 351 big bore kit, big carb.......

I have a couple of BMWs but this Versys will be by daily driver and commuter to work.

Never had a 4 stroke parallel twin. My next or other choice was a BMW F800. Too big and too many ponies for just a ride to work. About double the price too.

When can I post in the suspension thread? I looked at mine on the floor at the dealer. Rear spring was at #5 factory setting. Bike was topped out on the side stand. I put it back to #2 from all the way down and it felt better to me. I did not measure sag, but its closer to right than it was. I weigh 199.9 lbs :)

Terror of western NY
David R

·
Registered
128 Posts
Welcome, David! Congrats on the bike. I've been using my V as a daily commuter since I bought it a couple of months ago. It fits that bill nicely.

You can post to other categories exactly 48 hours after your first post. You might get lucky and have someone answer your question here (though it won't be me, sorry!).

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Welcome, David! Congrats on the bike. I've been using my V as a daily commuter since I bought it a couple of months ago. It fits that bill nicely.

You can post to other categories exactly 48 hours after your first post. You might get lucky and have someone answer your question here (though it won't be me, sorry!).
Congrats and welcome, you will have to do at least 2 posts then 48 hrs so make a 2nd post then the countdown starts i believe to be able to post in other sections.
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15019

·
Registered
103 Posts
I was going to pick up my '11 Versys tomorrow too, but insurance company said they will not sell me a damage insurance until the Irene (the hurricane) goes through Maryland - Monday.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have to work tomorrow. If I get up early, the Kawasaki dealer opens at 9:00. I told him I would be there then.

I have a 400 or so mile trip planned for tomorrow. It should be a good test.

So what gears can you folks wheelie in with just the throttle?

I have read most of this forum.

Fuel Injection, great breaks, radial tubeless tires......

I didn't go over 5 thousand Rpm because I pretty much knew I was buying the one I test drove.

David

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I said I would like to change the oil in 50-100 miles, well, my first ride was 396 miles. 2 tanks of gas. Everything works like it should. I had a slightly sore butt, but not as bad as I expected. They did a great job of putting the torque in the middle. At least as far as I know. Have not seen over 6,000 rpm yet.

I was going to pick up my '11 Versys tomorrow too, but insurance company said they will not sell me a damage insurance until the Irene (the hurricane) goes through Maryland - Monday.

Welcome to the forum.
Dbags!

Enjoy Its what I expected and more.

David

·
Super Moderator
7,671 Posts
YUP, new guy here. had many motorcycles, but picking up an 11 that had zero miles on it till I test drove it. Good, I want to break it in my way and change the oil at about 50-100 miles depending on when I can get to it.

Trading in a KLX250SF with the 351 big bore kit, big carb.......

I have a couple of BMWs but this Versys will be by daily driver and commuter to work.

Never had a 4 stroke parallel twin. My next or other choice was a BMW F800. Too big and too many ponies for just a ride to work. About double the price too.

When can I post in the suspension thread? I looked at mine on the floor at the dealer. Rear spring was at #5 factory setting. Bike was topped out on the side stand. I put it back to #2 from all the way down and it felt better to me. I did not measure sag, but its closer to right than it was. I weigh 199.9 lbs :)

Terror of western NY
David R
Funny I am picking up a new 2011 tomorrow as well...

Welcome

Dan

Congrats and :welcome: to both of you.

Ride safe and ATGATT.

:cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts