Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a Black Versys 650 Lt yesterday, it was shipped in from a warehouse close by and put together today, It had 5 miles on it from a dealer test drive, I must say it's a nimble bike for it's size, only issue is the windscreen isn't big enough and I get a bit of helmet buffeting at 50 MPH and above with the screen raised all the way. So now my Ducati Scrambler is going to be for sale.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,188 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,412 Posts
Bought a Black Versys 650 Lt yesterday, it was shipped in from a warehouse close by and put together today, It had 5 miles on it from a dealer test drive, I must say it's a nimble bike for it's size, only issue is the windscreen isn't big enough and I get a bit of helmet buffeting at 50 MPH and above with the screen raised all the way. So now my Ducati Scrambler is going to be for sale.
GOOD for you!

:thumb: - :thumb:

·
Registered
536 Posts
I have the same question about windshields. Seems like everyone appears to like their replacements better than the stock one, for sure. I'm looking at the Givi D4114ST. Lots of good reviews if you search this forum and elsewhere. It's also very affordable at $117 from twisted throttle.

·
Premium Member
16,188 Posts
So is that the best rated windscreen?
All personal preference. For me this ones a keeper. I'm 6'2" 32"inseam so the tall screen works great for me at the lowest setting for city then at the highest for freeway.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I'm 5'11" and 175lb. but have short legs with a 30" inseam, I can just about flatfoot the bike with both feet and if I duck my head about 3" ALL buffeting goes away, so I need the screen to direct the air up 3" or more.

·
Premium Member
16,188 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,412 Posts
I have a PUIG dark-smoke (I would NOT recommend the dark smoke if you ride any dirt, as it makes it difficult to see what's just in front of your wheel) that I use for long rides where it might rain, and during winter, on my '15 650, but find the OEM screen just fine (I am 5'10", 31" inseam) the REST of the time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts