Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am in need of a new pair of boots for the upcoming season. A couple of requirements for them. I need them to be full boots, no ankle height. waterproof is a nice bonus for them as well. I like buckles to secure the boot rather than a zipper up the leg, but that is not a deal breaker.

My previous boots are the Joe Rocket Sonic Boots. I liked their fit, but they just dont hold up very well. After 1 season the zipper decided to come all apart on them, and Joe Rocket did not wish to return any of my attempts at contacting them about them. My previous boot as a low shin height boot from Joe Rocket, but they needed to be replaced after a get off. I dragged my foot dont the road on one of the seams destroying the stitching. I liked them, but am tired of Joe Rocket gear falling apart before it should. Its a shame as I like the fit of their gear.

The prices of a motorcycle boot is ridiculous. Many of them are right up there with my ski boots!:eek:

·
Premium Member
16,156 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm looking for a similar boot, reasonable road riding protection, yet ok to walk in and waterproof would be a great plus.

Anything available in a WIDE may help too.

Interested to hear the suggestions.

Mitch

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I'm breaking in the Icon Reigns I got for Christmas. Good price (about $175 Canadian) Waterproof, plain enough and comfortable enough to wear around when off the bike. Nice cross between the extremes ends "track racing style" and "hi-top shoe style". IMHO

·
Registered
612 Posts
last year I bought a pair of Icon Patrol boots and they are really comfortable.
They are easy to put on with only two ski boot type buckles and they are definitely waterproof, I have ridden in two torrential downpours and not a drop of water inside.
I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the REVIT Apache boots, which I picked up based on a review on webbikeworld (http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/rev-it/apache-boots/)
it has a zipper, which you may not like, I found the waterproof trim on the outside of the zipper disintegrated pretty fast, and as a result the zipper would catch on the fragments from time to time.

Very waterproof, break in and are comfortable, but I might be tempted to try another boot next time.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
102 Posts
I love my Aplinestars S-MX 5. The build quality is excellent. I've got about 6k on them and they show no signs of falling apart. They are all day comfortable and have all the good safety features. I bought them at Cycle Gear when I lived in St. Louis. If you can try them on I would.

·
Premium Member
9,119 Posts
I'm breaking in the Icon Reigns I got for Christmas. Good price (about $175 Canadian) Waterproof, plain enough and comfortable enough to wear around when off the bike. Nice cross between the extremes ends "track racing style" and "hi-top shoe style". IMHO

Almost afraid to ask, do you know where Santa got them from?:huh:

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I've got Sidi way rain boots that I love. Waterproof yet comfortable in our oppressive summer heat. The quality is great and they're still doing fine after 4+ years of daily riding. Don't know if they're still available but the current comparable boot should offer the same quality and protection.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
So I am in need of a new pair of boots for the upcoming season. A couple of requirements for them. I need them to be full boots, no ankle height. waterproof is a nice bonus for them as well. I like buckles to secure the boot rather than a zipper up the leg, but that is not a deal breaker.

My previous boots are the Joe Rocket Sonic Boots. I liked their fit, but they just dont hold up very well. After 1 season the zipper decided to come all apart on them, and Joe Rocket did not wish to return any of my attempts at contacting them about them. My previous boot as a low shin height boot from Joe Rocket, but they needed to be replaced after a get off. I dragged my foot dont the road on one of the seams destroying the stitching. I liked them, but am tired of Joe Rocket gear falling apart before it should. Its a shame as I like the fit of their gear.

The prices of a motorcycle boot is ridiculous. Many of them are right up there with my ski boots!:eek:
Sidi On Road Gortex are fantastic all round boots but somewhat pricey. They are 100% water proof ( you can wade in them ), have a thick lug sole and lots of built in (hidden) protection. Only issue, and I suspect this is the case with all water proof boots, especially non Gortex, is while they will be warmer in cold weather, will be hotter in hot weather.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I love my Aplinestars S-MX 5. The build quality is excellent. I've got about 6k on them and they show no signs of falling apart. They are all day comfortable and have all the good safety features. I bought them at Cycle Gear when I lived in St. Louis. If you can try them on I would.
here's a second vote for a*. i'm finally wearing out a pair of SM-X gore-tex, purchased in '02-'03 timeframe. they are quite comfy and quite protective. there is a seam beginning to come apart that i can probably have fixed at a cobbler, but haven't gotten around to it. they remain waterproof regardless.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I also have a pair of Sidi waterproof boots. Don't remember the model, but I had some of the same requirements...waterproof and ok to wear off the bike for a day. They're not the best for wearing all day, i.e., I wouldn't want to wear them everyday all day, but every now and then they're fine. They're not my daily boots, maybe I wear them 30% of the time, but they've done fine in rain for the last 3 or so rainy seasons.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys. I have been checking out the options listed and some of them look pretty good. It amazes me what some companies charge for a pair of boots.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts