Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need something to remind me to fasten my chin strap before I put my gloves on (and sometimes I get a fifty yards down the road before remembering and having to pull over). If someone can invent automatic seatbelts for cars, and Marty McFly can have a coat with automatic zippers, why can't I have an automatic chinstrap???

I need something to remind me to remove the keys from the ignition when I get to the office ( or like yesterday, at least to turn the key off so I don't drain the battery ). If you see a blue versys riding around the south side of denver during normal working hours, its probably someone who walked by my bike and saw the keys in the ignition. :thumbdown: Maybe I need a Ducati with a proximity key...

And finally, I need a seventh gear for highway riding, cause I sure try to shift up from sixth gear a lot.

:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
with my KLR I wanted 6th .... now with the Versys I want 7th. We always want more :)

Put a 44T on it helped. I need an indicator light for 6th tho - I always lose track and try to shift up one more time.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
If I had a dime for each time I got my helmet on and ready to roll then started my bike just to realize I hadn't yet put my ear plugs in, I'd be pretty well off. But then again I AM old.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I developed a "pre-flight / pre-ride" check list . . . but then forgot where I put it !!!!!!! The doctor gave me a prescription for medicine to help improve my memory .. . but I keep forgetting to take it !!! As the great philosopher Homer Simpson would say, "D-oh!"

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
I forgot my chin strap once while leaving work. I was already on the entrance ramp to a 70MPH freeway and praying for the entire 5 miles that my helmet would not blow off! I kept my head tilted down in a tuck to help...

I feel your pain.

·
Registered
239 Posts
If I had a dime for each time I got my helmet on and ready to roll then started my bike just to realize I hadn't yet put my ear plugs in, I'd be pretty well off. But then again I AM old.
Thank you for the post. It is good to know I'm not alone in the world. BTW was your avatar inspired by the Welcome To Fruita campaign that city in Colorado put on a couple years ago? Would have loved to grab one of those stickers but the city fathers sqaushed the plan after the first printing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts