Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just rolled in from a solo trip from East Tennessee to Colorado & back......what a great bike.
Spent 8 days riding the backroads, a tad over 3,000 miles and the Versys was a perfect bike for the trip.
Lubed the chain every night and adjusted it once, that was it.

I've had a bunch of bikes over the years and this is absolutely my pick of the litter.

Here's a couple shots.

Dan

·
Registered
291 Posts
Having been away from home for a while I returned back the other day and went for a spin - the first in ten days.
I felt exactly the same as you oldkawboy, what a bike we have!!! :thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Just rolled in from a solo trip from East Tennessee to Colorado & back......what a great bike.
Spent 8 days riding the backroads, a tad over 3,000 miles and the Versys was a perfect bike for the trip.
Lubed the chain every night and adjusted it once, that was it.

I've had a bunch of bikes over the years and this is absolutely my pick of the litter.

Here's a couple shots.

Dan
Is your seat stock? I see that you have a cushion on it-which one is this? Can you comment on the seat comfort level during your trip. I have the stock seat on my 2013 and I am contemplating on a fairly long road trip, so I am very curious how it was for you.

Also, I see that you have what I appears to be rivco highway pegs on the crash bars - same set up as mine. How did you find it? Did you have to tighten them along the way to avoid sliding around the bars? There's vibrations when I use them to change the position of my knees and to help the butt discomfort due to the stock seat.

Thanks! Great pics!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a Corbin & I used a sheepskin Pro Pad (http://www.thepropad.com/) with gel. After trying several combo's during long week-end rides this setup works best for me.

The pegs are from Kuryakyn and below is a couple of pictures to show how they are mounted. I ended up drilling small holes for the bottom mount to keep them from sliding.....may not look so great but they work fantastic.
They made the trip so much better.

Dan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts