Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
I like it. IMO you can never have to much lighting so the cagers will pay attention.

How bright do you have it for daytime or non-high beam?

·
Registered
342 Posts
I use a comagination headlight modulator on the high beam. It has a sensor that stops it modulating from dusk to dawn. That and my high viz vest really help to keep me vizable. My kids say I look like a dork with the high viz vest on, my reply "better a live dork than a dead duck".

Be safe out there.

JoH

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like it. IMO you can never have to much lighting so the cagers will pay attention.

How bright do you have it for daytime or non-high beam?

I have the high beam light set at 80% brightness when high beam is off. 100% when it's on. Believe it or not it's a huge difference that the 20% reduction in brightness makes. I drive around during the day with regular high beam going and after dark low beam running high beam bulb at 80%. Perfect!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use a comagination headlight modulator on the high beam. It has a sensor that stops it modulating from dusk to dawn. That and my high viz vest really help to keep me vizable. My kids say I look like a dork with the high viz vest on, my reply "better a live dork than a dead duck".

Be safe out there.

JoH
I could live as a dork over being the alternative! :nerd::grin2:

·
Super Moderator
18,828 Posts
I have the high beam light set at 80% brightness when high beam is off. 100% when it's on. Believe it or not it's a huge difference that the 20% reduction in brightness makes. I drive around during the day with regular high beam going and after dark low beam running high beam bulb at 80%. Perfect!
Glenno - I'm NOT sure what you're saying, so look at my re-writing of your sentence, and tell me IF I'm right (I'll show changes as capitalized):

"I have the LOW beam light set at 80% brightness when high beam is off. 100% when it's on...."

Is this correct?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glenno - I'm NOT sure what you're saying, so look at my re-writing of your sentence, and tell me IF I'm right (I'll show changes as capitalized):

"I have the LOW beam light set at 80% brightness when high beam is off. 100% when it's on...."

Is this correct?
No you're incorrect. When you turn high beam off in stock configuration the light would go out. Now when I turn off high beam it doesn't go out it simply runs at 80% brightness. The low beam side is always just on at it regular brightness. Hope that is clearer?

·
Super Moderator
18,828 Posts
I'm glad someone got this and likes it. When i started a post about skenedesign it appeared to be met with more negative than positive comments.
When I was a captain in the RCAF, we got a PER (performance evaluation report) each six months. Someone posted a bunch of comments made by the reviewing officers from a BUNCH of PERs (particularly - saying something NEGATIVE, but in a fashion that you had to "read between the lines" to get the meaning), and the above post brought one to mind:

[This officer can be counted on, whenever a new operating procedure is instituted, to find the ONE set of circumstances under which the operating procedure will NOT work.]

So much for the negatives, twowheeladdict....

:wink2:

·
Super Moderator
18,828 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts