Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just over 700 miles on my 2012 versys. I bought it new last month. I was breaking it in by the book and probably never took it over 25 or 30 miles in any ride and a lot of the miles were city riding. The bike has plenty of power below 4000 rpm, so I never really noticed any problems for the first 600 miles. I had the oil changed at the dealer and looked over. Everything seemed fine at this point.

Here is where the problem comes in. Having entered the second step of the break in, I took the bike up to 6000 rpm and noticed a terrible vibration that started around 4900 up past 6000 rpm. I mean unacceptable. Having had a ninja 650 before that was very smooth through the whole range. I am taking it to the dealer Tuesday and explain the problem to them.

My question is what should I expect from the dealer? A new engine? Have the mechanic go through this engine? What? I would appreciate your feedback. Thanks 拖板車 物料架 托板車 料架

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
I dunno... I'm still not convinced that lawrences is not some obscure Taiwanese spammer with those strange links, and impossible stories. Beware!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts