Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sitting here making a post then at 9:10pm i hear a big boom and the house starts shaking. Normally just sit through them but this one was hard enough to get me off the chair and walk out the house. There has been little tremors almost everyday for the last few weeks now.:eek:

·
Premium Member
16,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Seems it was a 5.1 Quake right down the road in La Habra.

·
Premium Member
16,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
180 Posts
Where i come from, we normally have small tremors before the big one hits. Watch out for unusual behavior of animals, they can can sense an earthquake a few minutes before you feel it. I remember when i was in the middle of a field in the Philippines and an earthquake happened, i actually saw the ground going up and down like a wave in the ocean. Scared the heck out of me.:eek:

Gerald

·
Premium Member
16,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where i come from, we normally have small tremors before the big one hits. Watch out for unusual behavior of animals, they can can sense an earthquake a few minutes before you feel it. I remember when i was in the middle of a field in the Philippines and an earthquake happened, i actually saw the ground going up and down like a wave in the ocean. Scared the heck out of me.:eek:

Gerald

Yea the rolling ones are the worst. I lived in an upstair apartment in Summerville,South Carolina while house hunting. Watching TV and heard a big boom and the building shook. I thought a car must have hit the building and went outside to look around. Several other people were doing the same thing. Later saw on the news that it was an earthquake then found out South Carolina sits on a large fault line.:eek:

·
Premium Member
16,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got hit by another Quake 2:32pm it felt bigger than the 5.1 last night.....

·
Premium Member
16,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope it was just a 4.5

·
Registered
642 Posts
Anymore I do not notice a lot of car alarms - perhaps it is because we live a relatively small community. Back in the 90s, living in San Diego, they were everywhere. In our apartment we usually could tell if the shaking was a truck passing by or an earthquake depending on how many car alarms started going off.

Northridge was a scary earthquake - even down in San Diego. It was not the amplitude, it was how long things kept shaking. The weird thing was that we were at the Chinese Theater in Hollywood the day (or a couple of days) before that quake and I was standing, waiting for our guests to look at various foot and hand prints and I felt a small tremor. No one else noticed it and I was not certain at the time, but then Northridge happened.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts