Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out riding my Versys 1000 yesterday, just clearing a one stoplight town and resuming 65 mph when I see this orange ratted out sportbike with a stretched swingarm getting ready to pull out of a driveway to my left. I guess I looked like easy prey, so he caught up next to me. No gear, shorts, t shirt, tennis shoes. The bike sounded lousy. I thought it was a 500. He starts with the head and hand gestures "let's race". He kicks down a couple gears and jabs the throttle a couple times. OK, what the heck. I downshift to 3rd and bang the throttle. Instantly left him. clicked into 4th then 5th, up to around 120+ and then I back out, he's way back. While I'm slowing down around 100 or so, he blows past me. i continue to slow, he slows up next to me and wants to try again.

At this point I point to the side of the road. "pull over". He pulls over and I roll up next to him and pull off my helmet. I tell him "I just wanted you to see you are trying to race an old man". He responds "I know... what size engine is that" I respond "it's a thousand" he says "so is mine" and I notice under all the cracked and glued plastic that it has ZX10R on the side.

I say to him "I tuned this myself"

And his response is pure gold.

"so did I".

If you know what a Versys 1000 can do, and what a zx10r can do, then I won't even bother to explain what the moral of this story is. :surprise:

Steve

·
Registered
807 Posts
Too funny.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Nice comeuppance.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Reminds me of a roommate I had years ago, discussing automobile safety features... "if we could just figure out a way to keep them from being able to get in..."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts