Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you heard the saying “No good deed goes Unpunished”? Well I think there is some truth in it.

I had ridden over to pick up a pound of roasted coffee beans at a close by town. I grind them myself as needed as I love fresh coffee. Anyway I’m on the way home and here’s a little old lady on the side of the road with a flat tire. So I pull over to help her out and the road side is one big sloppy muddy mess. I was a bit ticked by this as the mud here looks like pancake batter and coats a motorcycle better! I finished her tire and when I left I thought it wouldn't be TOO bad…yeah right. You know when people point and snicker and a cop ask “You been off roading or you planning to BAKE that bike?” it WAS that bad. It looked like I was going to bake a Funnel Cake. It took about two hours to clean up the mess. It wasn't just the bike all my riding gear was a mess as well.

I should have taken a photo BUT I was a little upset as I’d washed and waxed the bike the day before…I'd even polished the header pipes and now I get to do that all over. :mad:

·
Registered
217 Posts
If you had not stoped to help her, would you be kicking your slef in the rear end about now, You can pat your slef on the back wile cleaning you bike, she could have been my
grand mom-- Thank you for helping her

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was raised in a different time than the kids today. I was taught when someone needs help you help. I did 10 years as a vol firefighter before health issues forced me to hang up my gear. BUT I can change a tire.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I was raised in a different time than the kids today. I was taught when someone needs help you help. I did 10 years as a vol firefighter before health issues forced me to hang up my gear. BUT I can change a tire.
I consign this 1000 times. Helping someone feels good.

·
Super Moderator
19,023 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts