Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But i'm interested... I found this forum because there was one for sale local to me that was very well priced. However, it sold before we could purchase it. I may never get to own one of these wonderful bikes. I've ridden every style of bike at this point and my favorite has been a 1200s suzuki bandit... it was fast and was comfortable... however, I traded it for the 1100 honda shadow which I currently own. I'm looking for something in the pavement end of the dual sport category... something less racy than the bandit and more practical where gas is concerned. Thanks for the wealth of information I've discovered concerning these bikes. :hia:

·
Premium Member
16,151 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks... I think I'm going to have to sell the shadow first then track down a cheap Versys... just seems like this could be the bike i've been looking for... though honestly I think the suzuki vstrom would work as well.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Welcome! Just to clear things up, general consensus is vstrom is a bit better offroad but cannot hold a candle to the Versys in the canyons. I've tested said theory and its pretty accurate. Bigger front wheel on the Strom is nice offroad but feels less nimble on the road than the Versys.

I have a friend with one of the older gen Stroms, he loves it. Think people have been having some issues with the current gen Wee Strom but I can't recall what they were.

Welcome again and keep us updated!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts