Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone , I just picked up a new 2012 Yellow 650 Versys for
$7,000 out the door , I sold a 1970 AMC Javelin big bad orange (a AMC color ),
A lot of great information on this site , this is my first new bike , I have owned
a ZX6-E ninja and still have a KTM 400 RXC ( going to sell ). I'm in South East Michigan looking forward to a great summer .

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
:welcome: That must've been a tough call. I spent this weekend working on my 66 Dodge Coronet 440, which I've been driving (on various laps) since I was 6, and since has been the only car I've ever owned. There is no Versys, Harley, Ferrari, Submarine, Spaceship that I would trade her for. She's my girl. Enjoy the heck out of your new Versys and ride safe! :thumb:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have owned this car for 28 years , parts have become very hard to find and expensive. I do not have the money or support (family does not like car )to restore.

·
Super Moderator
19,423 Posts
...They don't make those cars anymore. My uncle was the national president of the AMX club of America back in the 1970s.
There's a REASON why they "...don't make those cars anymore...".

;)

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
On the upside the Versys will out accelerate it, and out brake it, and your gas bill and cost of ownership will drop substantially.

Suggest installing a set of SW-Motech engine/crash bars as they will save you a lot of money and grief in the long run.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Welcome to the Versys family! :thumb:
MAN that AMC looked pretty darn good for something needing a restoration. Must be a good "20 footer" I'm sure the new owner will have fun with it. Now just start poking around here to see what mods you want to pick up with all that extra cash from the sale:D

·
Registered
354 Posts
Welcome aboard. I sold a "muscle car" '71 Nova to buy a Ducati 748 back in 2002. Unfortunately, the sale only got me about 25% of the purchase price and then 4 years later when I sold the Duc, I only got about 50% of what I had into that. Now I'm in the market for another hot rod/muscle car, that same Nova would go for about 400% more $$$ now than I sold it for, which makes it hard to justify the purchase. Sure I had lots of fun and good times on the Ducati, but I really wish I had found a way to keep the Nova and buy a Ducati.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Nobody gonna take my car I'm gonna race it into the ground
Nobody gonna beat my car its gonna break the speed of sound
Oooh..its a killin machine its got EVERYTHING
like a driving power, big fat tires and everything...

enough said

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank You for the Welcome

I just wanted to spend more time enjoying a new motorcycle , than working on a old car that their is always something to buy that was a crazy price . I did sell for a fair price and sold the KTM, should be a great summer !

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I just wanted to spend more time enjoying a new motorcycle , than working on a old car that their is always something to buy that was a crazy price . I did sell for a fair price and sold the KTM, should be a great summer !
:thumb: It IS a great summer :D I've got 1400 miles on my new 2011 already:clap:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts