Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I finally scraped a peg. I was following some sport bikes through the Dragon and they were holding me up. We got down into some of the tight stuff and I dragged the right peg. Since I had never done it before it scared the crap out of me. Now I know what to expect, but I wish those damn sport bikes would get out of the way when they see a Versys coming!!!

:D:D:D

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
:clap: That's great! Which tires did you achieve that with, and at what age now? Better to scrape a peg, than to go off course on the deadly Dragon. :thumb:

·
Registered
875 Posts
Haven't done it yet myself but with the new lowering blocks it may happen sooner rather than later...just hope the rubber is warm when it does...I'll have to make a mental note of that...got the sometimers thing going on from time to time. Getting cooler up here nowadays! I'm about an inch away from the chicken strips or sidewall or whatever!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I have a Pirelli Angel on the front and a Dunlop Roadsmart on the back. The sport bikes eventually got stuck behind some Harleys so I pulled over and waited until someone came up behind me. I be 54! No lowering kit. I also had top and side cases mounted.

It took a second or two for it to register that I could feel the peg moving.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Herds are always more acceptable when I'm goin' the other way....too much testosterone in men:stickpoke::cheers: is no better than too much estrogen in women.IMHO.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Right on Steve...Nice to see us "mature" riders still kickin a**...I'm still waiting on peg scraping...Did it on my low side, but I don't think that counts;)

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Now, unscrew the "curb feelers" from the pegs and scrape the pegs themselves........:D

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A friend said the same thing today. The more I think about it, the more sense it makes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's great on the scrapping. I did a track day on my '09 Road Atlanta and was scraping knees before the peg. I do hang off the bike for weight transfer. I have an '05 SV650 for the track, but took out the versys for a couple of sessions. OEM tires too. They have enough grip for the V. Suspension setting is the key... Have fun and be safe !

·
Registered
466 Posts
One thing that I noticed about the V that I really like is that when I scrape a peg it touches before my boot. Its the more sit up riding position I think. On many a sportier bikes my boot was the first to touch and I was always afraid that it might hit a rock or something to kick my foot back.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have a GSX-R600 for the track, so I haven't taken the V to the track yet (only been once so far anyway). Since the V is my daily commuter I probably won't take it out on the track. I have plenty of fun on the V in N GA, TN and NC!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Steve, I think Invader was asking about the age of the tyres, not the rider. Then again ...

They aren't as old as I am!

They are both a few months old, but I guess the back has a couple thousand miles on it and the front proably 1,000.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Jim, don't mean to hi-jack but finally someone with the BT-023's:clap:. What are your impressions of them as far as grip, feel, wear? They will be my next tires.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts