Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Kawasaki Versys Brethren,
Please forgive me for I have sinned.:devil:

Today I test rode a 2012 triumph Street triple-R 675...and it was good.
OH MY GOD was it GOOD!!!!

It was. . . as if I had slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings, chasing the shouting wind along, as I flung my eager craft through footless halls of air. . .
. . . Put out my hand, and touched the face of God....GOOD!!!!!!!!

i wants it my precious...yes....YES!

I am delirious with lust for this most excellent machine.

The clutch, the brakes, riding position, the balance, the precision, the power......

Someone please help me...:teetertooter:...I need a intervention.
For I have seen the devil himself and it has three cylinders!
OMG! OMG! OMG! :guilty:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Evil pure evil, sounds like you are sold, hope you go where your heart tells you, good luck if you decide to go for the triple.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The question is this....Can I still hang here if I buy a 'Brit-bike'?
LOLOL
IF....Big "IF"....I do this thing, it won't happen till after tax time next year.
But, it really is a stunner!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
As long as you remember that we lowly mortals still ride a Versys I don't see why not.

BUT remember you could by TWO "V"s for one Triple! But they are nice I looked at a Tiger, BUT to rich for my blood after it was loaded.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
OH YOUSE GUYS!

The poison hasn't even finished flowing though all my vanes LOL
Wait.....There it goes!!!! I'm toast now!

That brings the number of bikes I have ever ridden to...2
(you can't say I don't have good taste...sete!)
!
And the out the door prices is $9,950.00 ! ( for a standard Street Triple 675 )
Seems a reasonable sum!
Dam that bike is tight and battened-Down!
It was a kick...and comfortable??? as comfortable as my "Green-Hornet" but in a very different way.
I could see me sitting on it for 8 or 9 hours.
Of course it indeed should be better than the Versys...but our bike is no less of a bike because the 'Triple' is out there.
It felt like it was worth the extra scratch...and that's saying something these days.

There is a "MV" dealer 2 miles away and they are suposed to be be getting in the New; (and based on the "F3" GP bike)... Brutale 675....another triple!
AHH...but that's a 12 grand bike.....
To bad Kawasaki doesn't bring in their new 800 triple!
It's not just about more power but the refinement that must accompany it.

Time will tell...My 'V' has 21k on the clocks. Sell my Versys. and buy a new bike after taxes are done.
A lot can happen...Hell, I had to sideline the Texas trip on account work being slow (but steady).

Anyway...just had to let all you guys know I played today...It took me 20,000 miles to feel comfortable with my skills to test ride a more powerful bike.
I love my Kawi, but the Triumph...most definitely shook me up!

ride safe.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I can't wax poetic like you, stagehand, but I understand your sentiment. My dealer loaned me a Triumph (Tiger) last year for a few hours while he worked on my bike. I may never forgive him for putting that lust in my heart.

Good luck...

·
Registered
944 Posts
That was the Street Triple or they are giving you one hell of a deal on it!
675 rather than the 1050.
If I could buy a bike just to ride on sunny afternoons on perfectly smooth paved roads with no luggage but my Platinum Card, the Street Triple R would be mine. For my reality though, the Versys is a better bike.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That was the Street Triple or they are giving you one hell of a deal on it!
675 rather than the 1050.
If I could buy a bike just to ride on sunny afternoons on perfectly smooth paved roads with no luggage but my Platinum Card, the Street Triple R would be mine. For my reality though, the Versys is a better bike.
Indeed...The test ride was on the 'Street triple R, 675' but the $9950.00 price was for the standard 'Street triple 675'.
I never go off road and when I travel over night i only used my 'AXIO' tail bag and my 'Kriega' motorcycle back-pack.
I travel light!:thumb:

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Street Triple is some serious candy. No one would fault you for getting one, and I'll be glad to ride it for you whenever possible.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Fool! Now you have done it! :loveeyes: :eek:

Have you checked out thier forum setting back with big cigars! Using all those big words! :eek:

Go ahead if you think that will make you happy! :p

I'll help with break in to get you goin! :thumb:

Go for it! :thumb: :cheers:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Time will tell my friends.
I spent the weekend down time reading, reading, reading......
Now I will scout out what a 2009 Versys (with 20k on the clock) is worth.
...and keep saving my pocket change!
:cheers:

·
Registered
365 Posts
....ahhh.... now that is a beautiful beast. That bike has been making all the major motorcycle magazines drool over the last few years. It's hard to find a bad review on that sucker!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Don’t trade add to the stable? Test drove a tiger 800 and am thinking about adding one. Trying to convince my wife that the V can work for my daughter when she goes to collage in a few years.
cheers
jet

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Don’t trade add to the stable? Test drove a tiger 800 and am thinking about adding one. Trying to convince my wife that the V can work for my daughter when she goes to collage in a few years.
cheers
jet
GOOD IDEA! I traded my Buell in on the Versys BUT my KLR-650 is still in the stable!

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
cheers
jet
That would be great but i can only afford to upgrade. selling the "V" would be the only way I can make this happen.
Besides, I have limited garage space...LOLOLOL:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts