Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Being a short legged being, I had to do something to reach the ground so I ordered Speedy's lowering link but it isn't here yet. So, in my waiting period, I had my seat cut down almost 2" and narrowed a bit. Here is a picture of the before and after. I live in the Dallas area so if anyone needs this done it will cost about $75.00. At least now, I can stand on the balls of my feet rather than tippy-toe!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Nice job. How does it feel when riding? Are your legs crunched up at all?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice job. How does it feel when riding? Are your legs crunched up at all?

I really can't tell a lot of difference in riding with the exception that I'm not as prone to slide forward as much. It kind of cradles you. I have short legs anyway and I really don't feel cramped at all..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Did you noticed any change in comfort after the cut? I'm planning to do the same in order to improve my contact with ground during parking and slow speed movements, when a steady contact can be the difference between a safe manoeuvre and a bad crash.

I would like to avoid an uncomfortable seat, 'cause I use the bike every day...

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't do it!

Did you noticed any change in comfort after the cut? I'm planning to do the same in order to improve my contact with ground during parking and slow speed movements, when a steady contact can be the difference between a safe manoeuvre and a bad crash.

I would like to avoid an uncomfortable seat, 'cause I use the bike every day...
Ok, I really screwed up on this one. After having some time to really ride the new cut down stock seat, my conclusion is "DON"T DO IT"! I found that after about 30 minutes it got really uncomfortable and the forward sliding motion was worse.
I called the dealer to see how much a stock replacement seat was and they quoted me $260.00 plus tax and about 2 weeks wait at least. I could ride the stock seat pretty much all day without a problem but since I cut it down it's parked until I get another seat.

New Corbin comming in about 5 days.

·
Registered
69 Posts
How much will you sell your old seat for I am wanting to try a leather shop here in Colorado Springs to get a custom leather seat done and I dont want to be with out my V for any longer than I have to. Well let me know if you want to sell the old seat after your corbin arrives. The place I am having a custom seat they do foam so let me know please. And thanks for your service during Viet Nam I am truly thankfull.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Why don't you try adding some foam back into the seat? It's easy to take apart and you really have nothing to lose at this point. All you need is a staple gun, 1/4" staples, and a pair of needle-nose pliers to take the existing staples out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Biker Buddy

Wow - look at that Biker Buddy contraption. I would trade the old lady in on one with a smaller butt before I strapped that thing on my Versys!

It does look perfect for 95% of the women on the back of Harleys though!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Wow - look at that Biker Buddy contraption. I would trade the old lady in on one with a smaller butt before I strapped that thing on my Versys!

It does look perfect for 95% of the women on the back of Harleys though!
Dude, I hope you're not expecting a response... this thread is more than 3 years old...

·
Premium Member
7,848 Posts
To avoid sliding forward, this is what i did.

Stock seat rebuild 3 time to get the sweat spot and this bike was also used by Kiwi41 when he was here and dont remember him complaining.

:cheers:

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
No compliants at all and if could of rode a lot longer but you may of felt it on the ninja 500. Your seat on the blue was really nice. :thumb:

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Nice seat, Karuna and hope to make it when you come here next soon, Phil.

Had added more sponge at the front to stop the forward slide and put a separate sponge as a tank protector. Cost USD 10 for the seat and less than 3 dollars for the tank protector sponge.

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showpost.php?p=73287&postcount=78

Loved to hear that the 2011 V and 2008 V are exchangeable and will take my trusted well broken saddle back :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts