Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new member and I have been doing research on this site for about 3 months now. Everything I see on here and on youtube or anywhere else it draws me closer to this bike...It will be my 1st bike. I have some experience on dirt bikes but I have never really liked those as much as street bikes. I am 6'3" and 230 lbs so that is why I want a versys. Lots of big guys on this site. :yeahsmile: I have sat on a ninja 250 but I just feel HUGE on it...I won't be making the purchace until next summer:( Its the only way I could sell the whole idea to my fiance...I will also be taking my MSF class before the purchase.

Do you guys think I would be ok taking the MSF class this year or should I just wait until I'm ready to buy? I'm just itching to get out there and ride. Thank you all in advance!! :D

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
:welcome:In my view on the course wait until closer to the time as my experince with any type of course "if you don't use it you lose it", better to do the course just before you got the bike or as soon as you get the bike so you can put the theory into practice straight away, just my 2 cents

·
Registered
642 Posts
Personally, I would take the MSF class as close to the time of purchase of your Versys as possible. That way you can practice the skills taught in the class right away instead of forgetting them.

The Versys is my first bike as well. I am honing in on 20,000 miles now in just over three years. I can say that my Versys fell over regularly during the first year or so (all at zero speed in what most likely looked really pathetic). If I remember all of them it totaled four times or so. I may recommend getting some crash bars (I have the Hepco & Becker) to protect your bike even more if it gets dropped (not that the damage from it falling over is that bad).

:welcome:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks you all for your responses!! I will be taking all of your advice and taking the class next year before I get the V.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Our Versys,
She ain't perfect but...But at the price and for all she can do and do well....Maybe she is perfect after-all!
Welcome to the "Verse".

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
I won't be making the purchace until next summer:( Its the only way I could sell the whole idea to my fiance...
Glad I rode before meeting my wife. I have never been one to beg for anything from my wife. On the flip side, she never has to beg me either! :D

:welcome:

·
Registered
17 Posts
great advice

to drumguy...I agree with everyone else...wait until you are ready to buy. As a matter of fact I would take the training class with the Versys. I just brought mine on July 2 brand new 2011...love this bike! God luck and safe riding to you (and everyone).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts