Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow Versys riders,

I took the plunge and here I am! Upgraded from my 250 to a blue 2009 Kawasaki Versys!

Glad to join the group!!

Now, where do I get luggage?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Great! Welcome! Blue is the best, and don't let anyone tell you different. I just put on an SW Motech rear rack and a Pelican 1550 case. Will see if I can get some pics up this weekend. Price came in at about $350. I like the pelican better than all the other plastic options out there, seems much more durable(if a little utilitarian looking), and I can check it on planes and not worry about them destroying it. Got the rack and adapters from Twisted Throttle. If you call them and tell them what you want, they will make it happen! Good luck! Ride safe!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Welcome and your going to love it. Yes blue is the best color:) Do a search for panniers or bags or luggage and racks , etc., etc. and you will get all the information you need. Also there are tons of photos of peoples bikes with the stuff on the bike so you can pick and choose what you like.

·
Premium Member
7,854 Posts
:welcome: & congrats on the Blue.

for farkles take your time and do a lot of search and you might get a good deal. And there also some items for sale here, so check it out.:goodluck:

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
16,197 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Hey, welcome. I went from a 250 too (09 Ninja) to the Versys just a few months ago and I'm loving it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
luggage

I have the cortech (think that's how it's spelled) soft luggage....Tank bag,saddle bags,and trunk...Very well made,easily removed,and looks great.....
Hoodlum

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great! Welcome! Blue is the best, and don't let anyone tell you different. I just put on an SW Motech rear rack and a Pelican 1550 case. Will see if I can get some pics up this weekend. Price came in at about $350. I like the pelican better than all the other plastic options out there, seems much more durable(if a little utilitarian looking), and I can check it on planes and not worry about them destroying it. Got the rack and adapters from Twisted Throttle. If you call them and tell them what you want, they will make it happen! Good luck! Ride safe!
I will look into it!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have the cortech (think that's how it's spelled) soft luggage....Tank bag,saddle bags,and trunk...Very well made,easily removed,and looks great.....
Hoodlum
I just saw the blue luggage today too! I have the black ones from the ninjette (both sides and top). How did you fasten them to the Versys?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts