1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,251 Posts
hope this makes you feel lucky.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Geez. Why wouldn't you stop and take stock. Check yourself and your bike over?

·
Premium Member
16,251 Posts
I've hit a Rottweiller once in the 80's on my GS 1000L just got the weight off the front end and gassed it. Went right over the dog he ran off and i rode off. But a cow would be a different story...

·
Registered
293 Posts
That guy that got decked by the deer is a Boss. That was one of hte most badass things I have seen in awhile.

Get body slammed by a deer in the face? No biggie. Ill just get back up and start riding 3 seconds later.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Get body slammed by a deer in the face? No biggie. Ill just get back up and start riding 3 seconds later.
yeah, i thought that was pretty awesome! :thumb:

i have hit/run over with my motos: chipmunk, AmStaff terrier, black vulture. hit a dove with my car. felt bad every time.

bicycles seem to have this problem too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=37WUuOc_zRQ

this one is scary:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=S2oymHHyV1M

·
Registered
642 Posts
Missouri wants to stock Elk, sure hope not. Worse than deer, they will walk right in front of you and stop. Like hitting a cow, I guess.
My old commute had me regularly riding through herds of elk that were quite satisfied to remain on the road. I learned to give them a wide berth.

My closest call vis-a-vis wildlife was when I confused a turkey vulture for a raven (the latter always get out of the way in time). The next thing I knew I had a very large bird within an inch of my chest at a relatively high speed.

·
Super Moderator
19,772 Posts
My old commute had me regularly riding through herds of elk that were quite satisfied to remain on the road. I learned to give them a wide berth.

My closest call vis-a-vis wildlife was when I confused a turkey vulture for a raven (the latter always get out of the way in time). The next thing I knew I had a very large bird within an inch of my chest at a relatively high speed.
I had a turkey vulture fly off the left side an AZ dirt road, across towards me. Ducked to miss it. Startled the 'crap' out of me!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts