Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
HyperPro Shocks from EPM

I've purchased two of the high performance lowering shocks; one for my 09 V and one for my 10 V. Pricey, but work great: Greatly improved ride comfort. I also bought the HyperPro progressive lowering springs. Lowered my bikes and greatly reduced front-dive when braking hard.

Klaus at EPM is friendly and knowledgeable. Never a problem with any thing.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ordered a progressive spring on Tuesday... will see how I like it. Maybe next will be an expensive shock after I purchase new tires. Not much tread left especially on the front. Me thinks I need to check tire pressure more often. But almost 7000 miles on the front, not too bad I imagine.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I've talked with them a couple times and was impressed. One of these days when I can afford it...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Bought a Hyperpro progressive spring for the stock shock on my '11 V from those folks this spring. For me, the stock set up was jarring on square edge or sharp bumps.The ride is much more to my liking with the Hyperpro.:thumb:

Andy

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My Hyperpro progressive spring arrived Friday evening and I orderred it Tuesday morning from EPM. Now to get it mounted... I removed the original and took it to the Honda motorcycle dealer not far from my house about 10:15am Sat morning. He told me the person who could do this was out on a test ride, but I was told it was not likely he could do it Saturday.

I said "thanks, but my bike is on a stand right now, and not that stable, let me check another place". So I then went to the Suzuki Yamaha dealer a few miles away. I was pleased to hear him say he could do it right away, and he walked back into the shop with my shock/spring. When he returned about 30 seconds later he said they could do it but they would have to charge me a minimum of 1 hour labor. At $42.00 per half hour (posted on the wall) I said that will be $84.00 to replace the spring ??? He said yes cause it is a dangerous job. Saying thank you I walked out without having it done.

On my way back home I decided to stop by at my local NAPA auto parts store and speak with the owner, as he has always been extremely helpful over the years when I had car questions - and I had plenty of old cars to keep running with 5 kids driving older cars as teen agers. I figured he could tell me where I might get this spring changed over. So, I walk in, and he says "I know a guy who can change golf cart springs, and I suspect he could do this one too". He says "follow me" and I follow him back to the end of the store into a corner room with "old" machinery along the wall.

Less than 8 minutes later I walk out of the store, new spring mounted over the shock and with the original spring in hand. Total cost $NO $CHARGE!

I love the new black spring - what a difference - such a softer smoother ride!! After putting over 70 miles on the bike Sunday morning I was glad I decided to try this ride changer!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
603 Posts
If you like how the progressive spring feels on the rear shock, you'll love how progressive springs feel in the front, too. Smoother ride, and eliminates most of the "dive" when braking hard.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Scotty,

This will most likely be my next "to do" after I re-rubber my V.
Right now I should replace the front tire, and by fall intend to replace the rear for cold weather riding. Next spring new front springs will be calling me, I suspect.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts