Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On sunday took my lovely wife to her first track day on her C50 Suzuki.

It only cost us $40.00 each as ACC or Accident Compensation Corp sponsored most of the cost.

Keri on far side right just starting winding up her truck on back straight, she scraped her running board twice and was very proud of that and the instructors said she done really well. Was a proud husband as she passed some of the slower bikes in the back straight, her group was only allowed to pass on the back straight, the other groups were allowed to pass any where as long as it was on outside of corner and my small orange horse took great delight in going around out side of corners on the litre bikes, yeeha.

Me all ready to go in a group of three, you have 2 laps following behind the line of the instuctor and they will keep go faster and if you are happy you keep up with them but if they say you back off they back off, When it was my turn we ended up at a good pace and a fast line the other two bikes in my group ended way back and was a bit slower when I folled the other two for the next 4 laps, the versys just loves this tight track:thumb:

The young blond girl there is the daughter of the owner/instructor of the bike school and she is a good racer herself at only 15. Since they were from Christchurchwe invited them to come up for a meal and use our stuff as they have no power,water and can't even flush the toilet so he brought his wife and both daughters up and he aprreciated a cold beer.

Was a great way to spend a day and was really cool to have Mike the instructors family up for a meal, it is good we are only 5 min from track

·
Registered
718 Posts
What a great day for the track! Wow, your wife is a real sport to brave the track with all those sport bikes. Way to go!
Very nice to offer up your house and food to help your neighbors.
Hope all is well over there, and electric and water are restored soon.

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
You ran the V so hard it turned red in the last photo. was sure it was yours by the good taste you have in radiator covers.:D

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Had to be the rad cover but I turned white 3 times as I scraped the pegs hard, instructor said if I don't want to do that I might need to stick a knee down just laughed and said it takes to much work, had enough sorness on my left hip at end of day as mainly left turns but yes grandpa i was smiling the goofest grin you could image as I went around the outside of a few corners passing some very quick bikes, the best corner was a big massive sweeper before the back straight slingshotting out of there on gas early while some of the riders still thinking about the bend but bikes like the R1 and a few other would pass me mid straight but took great satisfaction that i had to brake at end of straight a few times not because i was coming in to hot but was going to ram up there rear because they slow down far to early, whoohoo watch out orange flash coming through.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just received a cd of photos from our feb track day, so here is my lovely wife Keri doing her thing on her cruiser.

Have to put one of the fastest versys up to!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts