Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
A few years back, Virginia changed the law allowing us to run them (as a stop sign).

We must wait 2 cycles or 90 seconds before proceeding (by the book). I usually ride early in the morning and I know which ones wont trip. I stop, look, and proceed. :thumb:

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
A few years back, Virginia changed the law allowing us to run them (as a stop sign).

We must wait 2 cycles or 90 seconds before proceeding (by the book). I usually ride early in the morning and I know which ones wont trip. I stop, look, and proceed. :thumb:
+1 But I don't know what the law is here! :eek: Oh OH !

·
Registered
688 Posts

Same here in Indiana, but I think it's 2 or 3 minutes. But that translates to 20-30 seconds with my watch. :guilty:

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
+1 What Capn Kirk said. I carry the ruling in my wallet. Some lights I regularly hit I'll wait and brake hard when my front tire gets on the 'pad' if I'm the only vehicle. More often than not the added force of the weight transfer activates the sensor.

·
Banned
349 Posts
Even with the Rulings and Code related to Non-Functioning light.

Officers MAY cite based on what they witness

If an officer only sees a rider run the light it's a Citable Offense.

If the Officer Cites, to "Get Off" it will require (in CA) two trips to the court.
One for plea, one for trial.

Officer cites based on what they Witness , after you plea your case
the Judge Decides.

I don't do it.

Different positioning in lane usually works

·
Registered
44 Posts
Definitely find your local laws on it. Unfortunately with some lights no amount of lane positioning, magnets, or gadgets will work. Here in NV they JUST enacted a law allowing riders to treat a light as a four-way stop after two full cycles.

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Was at a stop light with a cop at the gas station I was goibg to, I waited through 2 lights and ran it, pulled ibto the gas station and he walked up and said " dude next time wait 1 then go"it was 107 at the time

·
Registered
187 Posts
Was at a stop light with a cop at the gas station I was goibg to, I waited through 2 lights and ran it, pulled ibto the gas station and he walked up and said " dude next time wait 1 then go"it was 107 at the time
Gotta love a good cop. A crooked cop, on the other hand...

·
Registered
944 Posts
The "pads"'are actually loops of wire that create a magnetic field. Try stopping with the chassis in the loop. It doesn't always work, but you've got a better chance.

·
Super Moderator
19,145 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts