Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Today I was lubricating my clutch cable and started my V afterwards in neutral. I pulled the clutch lever to enjoy the souplesse of a freshly lubricated cable and noticed that the sound of the engine slightly changed, it was making less noise. It was a very faint sound, but noticeable. The noise returned whenever I disengaged the clutch lever (still in neutral). I'm a little worried since I've had a Yamaha Fazer with the same issue which turned out to have worn piston rings.

Hopefully someone has a solid explanation for this. The bike was sold under warranty, so if there is a problem I could return to the dealer and have it fixed, but I'll need a solid explanation.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Many bikes do this. Some do it more than others. You are moving parts around inside the transmission case, so the noise changes a little bit when the parts are in different postions. Nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many bikes do this. Some do it more than others. You are moving parts around inside the transmission case, so the noise changes a little bit when the parts are in different postions. Nothing to worry about.
Pfieuw. I was a little worried because the Fazer did the same thing (recalling now that the noise was a LOT louder then).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts