Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of threads on this. Just want a plain old black plastic one that fits without drilling or cutting and comes with the hardware. Not carbon, not polycarbonate, not fiberglass.
Can't spend $100, when most other bikes can be fitted for $40 to $60.
What's up with this?
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
19,145 Posts
:welcome:

Check what you can do for about $2. Couple of pop-rivets, two pieces of SS scrap, and a piece of conveyor belting, light duty....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
+1 on the DIY job. Lots of easy and cheap ways to get the job of a hugger done. I made a deflector, double sided velcro to the battery box. Not as cool looking as a hugger, but it looks like it came with the bike and it works.

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Pleased with the Skidmarx hugger. No cutting, all necessary hardware and not too expensive. :thumb:

·
Registered
4,641 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Pleased with the Skidmarx hugger. No cutting, all necessary hardware and not too expensive. :thumb:
+1 The Skidmarx fits your bill perfectly. I don't remember the cost, but I'm totally happy with mine too. black, easy to install, not cutting, etc.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I picked up a 3" nail in my rear tire mid turn. I was so glad I didn't spend the money on a hugger because it would have shredded it.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I picked up a 3" nail in my rear tire mid turn. I was so glad I didn't spend the money on a hugger because it would have shredded it.
I picked up a nail in my tire too and I heard this awful noise and couldn't figure out what it was. It went away, so I stopped worrying about. I heard it again a few days later, but it went away. I was curious, and finally found a nail in the tire that had been hitting the hugger. Looking at the hugger, you would never know though! I was quite surprised, not even a nick in the edge of the hugger where the nail hit. The hugger bent the nail, more than the nail ate up the hugger.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts