Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had success getting their title from Kawasaki Credit (HSBC) after their loan, (card) was paid off? I paid off a bike over 8 months ago, have tried calling, faxing, etc..., no luck. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
369 Posts
I'd try the dealer you bought the bike from finance person. They should help you get your title. Good luck

·
Registered
239 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Not very helpful to you but both my wife and I were shocked when the title arrived just a few days after pay off. Nick's advice sounds about all you can do.
Good luck.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Don't know if this will help or not but I will throw this out!

I sold a truck once and of course the new owner wanted the title ASAP. The title was located at a finance office in another state (Suntrust). After a few days the title did not show up so I went into the branch where I paid off the truck in full. I explained to the manager of the branch that we needed the title ASAP and he typed out a letter (on letterhead) as well as a copy of the payments showing that the truck was paid in full and they released the lien. He signed the letter and noted that if the DMV had any questions to call him personally. I took these documents to my local DMV and paid $10 and had a new title printed with no lien. Quick and easy. Was worth the $10 to me to get the title instantly. I gave it to the happy new owner.

My original title did come in the mail about a week later. I just shredded it.

:goodluck:

·
Registered
901 Posts
Don't know if this will help or not but I will throw this out!

I sold a truck once and of course the new owner wanted the title ASAP. The title was located at a finance office in another state (Suntrust). After a few days the title did not show up so I went into the branch where I paid off the truck in full. I explained to the manager of the branch that we needed the title ASAP and he typed out a letter (on letterhead) as well as a copy of the payments showing that the truck was paid in full and they released the lien. He signed the letter and noted that if the DMV had any question to call him personally. I took these documents to my local DMV and paid $10 and had a new title printed with no lien. Quick and easy. Was worth the $10 to me to get the title instantly. I gave it to the happy new owner.

My original title did come in the mail about a week later. I just shredded it.

:goodluck:
i have a similar story with Citizens Bank...they claimed they mailed it...then they couldn't find it, bla bla bla....went to the local branch and the loan officer was very helpful admitted they lost it and had the state reissue the title. If you cant get help from the bank go to the dealer as suggested. Good Luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts